Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 10-20-2015, 10:22 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Brakes
Print Wikipost

Oh, good! My parking brake broke....

Old 01-14-2010, 11:29 PM
V8s_Are_Great

Default Oh, good! My parking brake broke....

So! Went to put a few rounds down range at Bob's Gun Shop (yeah, it's really called that. In Norfolk, VA. Capital establishment). Went to pull the e-brake up and got some deep thud. I'm pretty sure I've been cranking on it too hard, if the post I found concerning it are any indication. Not sure where it came from but I'm going to have it in the shop tomorrow to investigate. If it turns into a replacement I'll make it a how-to and post it up. Anyone have any information or experience with this? I'm going to start with the little adjusting bolt inside the center console and move down from there.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:41 PM
10GTSTANG
3rd Gear Member

Down the street on Va beach BVD. I stopped in there a few months ago to check thier prices on Sigs, a little high, but a nice place, lots of stock.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:36 PM
eddypython
3rd Gear Member

sounds like you snapped the cable. easy fix.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:43 PM
mdg
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by V8s_Are_Great
So! Went to put a few rounds down range at Bob's Gun Shop (yeah, it's really called that. In Norfolk, VA. Capital establishment). Went to pull the e-brake up and got some deep thud. I'm pretty sure I've been cranking on it too hard, if the post I found concerning it are any indication. Not sure where it came from but I'm going to have it in the shop tomorrow to investigate. If it turns into a replacement I'll make it a how-to and post it up. Anyone have any information or experience with this? I'm going to start with the little adjusting bolt inside the center console and move down from there.
Good luck with the repairs. What were you firing?
Old 01-15-2010, 09:14 PM
V8s_Are_Great

Beretta 92FS and Taurus 357. The 9mm is my jam but can't deny the cool factor of the 357 with a 6 inch barrel. That's why I'm buying one!

Anyways, taking the old girl to the shop tomorrow morning to get started. Pics if it turns into a how-to and so you guys can finally see the whip.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:01 PM
sexyredfire05
1st Gear Member

i yanked mine completely out of the socket on accident about a month ago. it was dangling without any slack for awhile, i just got it fixed at ford a couple days ago and they charged me around 450 dollars to fix it. outrageous!! but i paid anyway cause they gave me a free oil change lol
Old 01-16-2010, 07:02 AM
Archer1

OMG for $450.00 they should have given you a BJ. I was just under my 05 putting in new LCAs and the cables are pretty easy to remove. I think Ford is staying solvent on labor charges. Compared to putting on the LCAs changing the parking brake cables would be a piece of cake. They probably only sell a complete set but you most likely broke the one from the lever to the splitter.
Old 01-16-2010, 07:51 AM
red07Pony
3rd Gear Member

+10000 on pics/vid of how to if you end up there....

Mine has been freezing up every day in these cold temps and I would imagine it's only a matter of time until I have to replace mine. It's unchartered waters for me so seeing somebody else do it would be a huge help.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:25 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by V8s_Are_Great
LOL As soon as I read "Bob's Gun Shop" I said to myself, "Hey, we have one here in our area too" then I saw where you live in Norfolk. Small world!
BTW, there is a performance shop in Chesapeake called JLT Performance. They have all kinds of goodies for Mustangs.
Good Luck with your brake cable, I'm sure you can get it fixed.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:28 AM
eddypython
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by red07Pony
+10000 on pics/vid of how to if you end up there....

Mine has been freezing up every day in these cold temps and I would imagine it's only a matter of time until I have to replace mine. It's unchartered waters for me so seeing somebody else do it would be a huge help.
I think those are your calipers. Ford has a name for ****ty rear brake " freezing " calipers lol.. at least with me. Haven't had it on this mustang ,but had it on two of my old fords

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Oh, good! My parking brake broke....