Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Door ajar light pops up...

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 03:51 PM
illusionist247

Cool Door ajar light pops up...

hey guys...my 08 v6 mustang is havin some trouble. basically every time i get in the car, the door ajar light pops up and the car dings at me just like it would if i opened the door while the car is on. ive been to the dealership and they replaced the smart junction box in the car,,,but its doing it again...could it be the contacts in the door???...................please let me know your thoughts!!! thanks
Old 03-11-2010, 11:19 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Are you sure its the door and not the trunk light switch.
Pop the rear seats down and look for the trunk light on
with the lid shut tight.

Seems to me the problem was not the SJB but the door contacts.
The same contacts that cause the window to short drop when opened.
Does you window short drop properly when the door is opened
and go back up when the door is closed?

Why was the SJB replaced in the first place?
Water leak?
If so, was the infamous S197 SJB water leak fixed
before installing a new expensive SJB?
Pass side carpet/pad wet/moldy?

Would you like the link to the Ford diagnostic procedure for
finding the problem?
Old 03-11-2010, 01:27 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

When I first got my car the door ajar light/noise kept going off, especially when I went over bumps. After months of it driving me nuts, I eventually figured out it was the trunk and when I had my car inspected I had them look it over because it wasn't shutting right. They re-oiled and cleaned the lock and works perfectly now.

That's what I would check out
Old 03-11-2010, 07:07 PM
dopedc
1st Gear Member

its prob the trunk mine did that all the time till i got a new one
Old 03-11-2010, 07:54 PM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

The car says door ajar when the trunk is ajar? Wow, would have driven me nuts too if I hadn't read that. With all the fancy electronics in these cars, they couldn't just add a simple "Trunk Ajar" wording in the display panel?
Old 03-11-2010, 08:10 PM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by chronos
The car says door ajar when the trunk is ajar? Wow, would have driven me nuts too if I hadn't read that. With all the fancy electronics in these cars, they couldn't just add a simple "Trunk Ajar" wording in the display panel?
the first time my trunk bounced I thought it was a door switch too- on the way home FROM work happened to notice the spoiler bounce in the mirror and thought duh...
I had reprogrammed our key fobs so any would unlock the van/mustangs, only needed one fob- but the wife opened her trunk one night, next day my trunk was ajar...hadnt thought about that. Another I hadnt thought about is 'what if' your 1 1/2 year old hits your panic button...yep three horns blaring- and you try to cancel, one goes off/two goes on/ vice-versa...had to run out in the garage, then the driveway to put the key in the drivers door/lock-unlock to stop...this was at midnite, my poor neighbors...
Old 03-11-2010, 11:35 PM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ford4v429
the first time my trunk bounced I thought it was a door switch too- on the way home FROM work happened to notice the spoiler bounce in the mirror and thought duh...
I had reprogrammed our key fobs so any would unlock the van/mustangs, only needed one fob- but the wife opened her trunk one night, next day my trunk was ajar...hadnt thought about that. Another I hadnt thought about is 'what if' your 1 1/2 year old hits your panic button...yep three horns blaring- and you try to cancel, one goes off/two goes on/ vice-versa...had to run out in the garage, then the driveway to put the key in the drivers door/lock-unlock to stop...this was at midnite, my poor neighbors...
OMG, you're killing me!!!!! That is classic. The unintended consequences in life.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:39 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

The car says door ajar when the trunk is ajar?
I'm pretty sure. I kept checking the doors over and over thinking 'WTF is going on?'
Old 03-12-2010, 09:44 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Ah, but there is one...
Owners Manual reading time for you....
The trunk ajar light is right next to the trunk release button...
Old 03-12-2010, 09:58 AM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 157db
Ah, but there is one...
Owners Manual reading time for you....
The trunk ajar light is right next to the trunk release button...
And the trunk release button is right next to the optional pop corn dispenser, I see!

Actually out of curiosity I decided to do a test earlier this morning. I had the car running and I hit the key fob to open the trunk and on my dash display it did say "TRUNK AJAR". I have the premium dash cluster with the info display center at the bottom. I have no idea how that would look on the deluxe dash cluster.

Quick Reply: Door ajar light pops up...