Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Show me your wiring :D

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 08:21 PM
NuclearMuscle523
SCAM ALERT! This person is known around the internet for ripping people off. You've been warned.

Default Show me your wiring :D

If there is anyone out there that has a remote start on their car(s197), preferably a viper 5901/5902, I would like to see which wires are hooked up to which. A pic or a list would be perfect. Here is a video that explains exactly how to get to these wires. First person will receive $10 in their paypal.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcuwj39-HsQ
start it at around 5:30
Old 08-20-2010, 08:22 AM
MOOK3456
4th Gear Member

lol no reason to pay people for help. I have a compustar but I'd imagine the wiring as a bit different. I'll look later today though. But I'm sure there's an installer lurking around here that could probably just tell ya.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:43 AM
oldsch00lf00l
2nd Gear Member

This is what I have regarding the alarm wiring for the S197.

EDIT: I have a SJB wiring diagram too, but it is kind of fuzzy. Sorry, that is how it came to me.

Also, you don't have to paypal me anything!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Alarm_Wiring_2.pdf (19.7 KB, 41 views)
Mustang_Wiring_Diagram.pdf (16.1 KB, 67 views)
Smart Junction Box.pdf (235.8 KB, 44 views)

Last edited by oldsch00lf00l; 08-20-2010 at 08:48 AM.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:53 AM
NuclearMuscle523
SCAM ALERT! This person is known around the internet for ripping people off. You've been warned.

The biggest problem I am having is not locating the wires but knowing which alarm wires go to which. Currently my doors don't work nor does the remote start. Thanks
Old 08-20-2010, 10:41 AM
oldsch00lf00l
2nd Gear Member

Did your mustang come with the factory alarm? If so, that slightly changes things.

Also, did you purchase the transponder module for your remote start? If you don't have something to clone your key, remote start is a no go. I'll look your alarm up later on to see if I can figure out how to connect the lock/unlock wires.
Old 08-20-2010, 05:05 PM
NuclearMuscle523

I have the immobilizer bypass. I believe there is factory alarm.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:01 AM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

I have been installing car audio and security since my 94 gt was new. That has to be the worst video I have ever seen right from the beginning. It recomends disconnecting the battery which goes aginst everything I have ever been shown. Everyone I know says that you must test EVERY wire before hooking up to it to ensure you are conncting it correctly. Disconecting the battery will make that hard.

Solder is prefered for connections, crimp is acceptable and posi/t-taps have no use in car audio. They will eventually come loose and lead to wiring gremlins

I will take a pic of my alarm install, but you will not see where anything is hooked up. A properly installed alarm means that the wiring and the alarm is not able to be found.

I really have to warn you that an alarm, especially a remote start alarm is not a basic, or even an intermediate install. If everything goes well it really is an advanced install and things go wrong in alarm installs all the time. A good alarm with a bad install may leave you wondering why your shtuff is all gone or could leave you wondering why your car will not start and needing a tow. Worst case scenario is that you will be cutting high current/critical wiring so if it is not done right, well then its wrong.....

I had worked as a pro installer for almost a year, and had a trained alarm pro in the passenger seat telling me what not to do when I attempted my first alarm. Even seasoned alarm installers are often stumped by what would seem like a simple install. IT is amazing all the things you can find....
Old 08-21-2010, 08:40 AM
MOOK3456
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ttocs
I have been installing car audio and security since my 94 gt was new. That has to be the worst video I have ever seen right from the beginning. It recomends disconnecting the battery which goes aginst everything I have ever been shown. Everyone I know says that you must test EVERY wire before hooking up to it to ensure you are conncting it correctly. Disconecting the battery will make that hard.

Solder is prefered for connections, crimp is acceptable and posi/t-taps have no use in car audio. They will eventually come loose and lead to wiring gremlins

I will take a pic of my alarm install, but you will not see where anything is hooked up. A properly installed alarm means that the wiring and the alarm is not able to be found.

I really have to warn you that an alarm, especially a remote start alarm is not a basic, or even an intermediate install. If everything goes well it really is an advanced install and things go wrong in alarm installs all the time. A good alarm with a bad install may leave you wondering why your shtuff is all gone or could leave you wondering why your car will not start and needing a tow. Worst case scenario is that you will be cutting high current/critical wiring so if it is not done right, well then its wrong.....

I had worked as a pro installer for almost a year, and had a trained alarm pro in the passenger seat telling me what not to do when I attempted my first alarm. Even seasoned alarm installers are often stumped by what would seem like a simple install. IT is amazing all the things you can find....
lol good you said that. I went out to see if I could easily get a few pics for him but I have no idea where the hell it is hehe.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:04 AM
NuclearMuscle523

I bought the 556sw immobilizer bypass, but it doesnt seem to be working. do I need a keysense bypass or something?
Old 08-26-2010, 11:42 AM
epictwist
2nd Gear Member

I used an XK05 for my bypass and had no problems at all, but you do need two keys to program it.

Quick Reply: Show me your wiring :D