Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door rattle fix!!!!

Old 02-16-2011, 03:45 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Default Door rattle fix!!!!

Well today I decided that with the break in the weather it was time to fix that annoying a$$ rattle in my passenger door. I was just about to get started and went to remove the plate that covers the torx screw behind the door handle, and it turns out that thats where the rattle was coming from. Somehow one of the tabs that hold it in place broke and it was able to rattle. I fixed it by putting a piece of 3m double stick tape behind it, this way it holds it in place and absorbs any vibrations. Just found it funny how I was all ready to take the door panel off and find the rattle and before I even started I found the stupid little rattle lol

Old 02-16-2011, 04:01 PM
CincyGT2009
2nd Gear Member

My flipping rattles are coming from the little panels (on each door) that hold the window switches. Buzz and rattle like crazy with the Shaker 500 subs... Going to have to tear the doors apart and use some dynamat.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:42 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CincyGT2009
My flipping rattles are coming from the little panels (on each door) that hold the window switches. Buzz and rattle like crazy with the Shaker 500 subs... Going to have to tear the doors apart and use some dynamat.
I was just getting ready to tear the doors apart but found this just as I started. It bugged me more than anything and honestly made me hate driving the car without the radio loud lol.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:43 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

I have a rattle in the same spot as grabber. It's quite annoying and sucks that you already have them with a '10
Old 02-16-2011, 04:59 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

rattle fix:
louder exhaust.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:03 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Alec
I have a rattle in the same spot as grabber. It's quite annoying and sucks that you already have them with a '10
I think its from my gfs habit of closing my door a little to hard

Originally Posted by onederful100
rattle fix:
louder exhaust.
Have longubes, o/r x, and borlas and it can still be heard lol. It would rattle everytime I hit a bump, someone closed the door, or bass from music.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:42 PM
jpormen
2nd Gear Member

Even when i turn my radio up loud i can still hear the rattles only because i listen threw the music, if that makes sence lol
Old 02-16-2011, 06:01 PM
wayne613
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Alec
Both should probably just pop the window switch housing section out, check the plastic molex housing that snaps into place for the window switches, that was my rattle issue for both. The tabs holding it in place are not tight from the factory.

I just got done redoing every LED in my car, along with another major project; this was among many of the annoying rattles and smaller issues that I´ve been able to solve now that I´ve dismantled damn near everything in the car once now.

Bit of stacked 3m double-sided in there should fix you right up once you take a look. I am now rattle free..

Last edited by wayne613; 02-16-2011 at 06:04 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:28 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wayne613
Both should probably just pop the window switch housing section out, check the plastic molex housing that snaps into place for the window switches, that was my rattle issue for both. The tabs holding it in place are not tight from the factory.

I just got done redoing every LED in my car, along with another major project; this was among many of the annoying rattles and smaller issues that I´ve been able to solve now that I´ve dismantled damn near everything in the car once now.

Bit of stacked 3m double-sided in there should fix you right up once you take a look. I am now rattle free..
I am sure it was a pain in the ***, but trust me a rattle free ride is the way to go. Even with the exhaust and music on I still heard the rattle, and got me soo angry everytime I heard it.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:32 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wayne613

I'm going to have to do both of these when it gets warmer. Both the rattle and the puke green factory lights drive me nuts