4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

ford/aftermarket security system help

Old 03-29-2011, 07:16 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Default ford/aftermarket security system help

Ever since I got my 2000 I've always thought it had an aftermarket alarm on it, when i hit the lock button on the ford keyless entry it locks both doors and two alarm beeps chirp. not the horn, it has an actual siren on it like an aftermarket alarm would come with. if i hit the lock button twice the horn then beeps like normal. I finally figured I'd crawl under the dash and see what brand it is, and it just has a giant ford logo on the top of the box, but it does look just like an aftermarket alarm box. Anyone ever delt with one of these before? the weird part is that it's very sensitive(if you bump the car at all it gives out a warning sound), when the alarm does go off the horn does not go off just the aftermarket siren. it also has a starter deactive on it. My only problem with it is it's sensivity, when i take it to the track i have to park far away because just a open header car driving by will set it off. Also, if you just shut the door and walk away the alarm will arm itself after 90 seconds, wether the doors are locked, the doors open, unlocked, anything. this really gets annoying when i'm trying to do something to it. I've never seen any ford alarm like this. anyone have any idea?

Last edited by ctgreddy; 03-29-2011 at 07:20 PM.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:27 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

It's a dealer installed option that was "branded" by Ford and made by Code Alarm, which was later sucked up by AudioVox. I believe they still offer some support for the Ford branded systems.

They were not extra high-quality, but were not horrible either--AFAIK they were only offered for a couple of years and then dropped when SecuriLock (PATS) finally got certified by the insurance underwriters...
Old 03-29-2011, 07:54 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cliffyk
It's a dealer installed option that was "branded" by Ford and made by Code Alarm, which was later sucked up by AudioVox. I believe they still offer some support for the Ford branded systems.

They were not extra high-quality, but were not horrible either--AFAIK they were only offered for a couple of years and then dropped when SecuriLock (PATS) finally got certified by the insurance underwriters...
i searched on that website and couldn't find squat about it. I'm mainly just looking to find out if I can turn off that "auto-arm" feature. or even if i just unplug the whole thing if i'll still be able to start my car.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:56 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

also for what it's worth here's some pictures i just took of it...

Old 03-29-2011, 08:08 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

I have a similar system to it too. Wow. i always thought it was aftermarket from the guy before me. HAHAHHH

Mine doesn't arm itself after 90 second though. My honda does tho and it pisses me off! I feel your pain
Old 03-29-2011, 08:23 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
i searched on that website and couldn't find squat about it. I'm mainly just looking to find out if I can turn off that "auto-arm" feature. or even if i just unplug the whole thing if i'll still be able to start my car.
Alarm manufacturers do not post a whole lot of "how to bypass the alarm" info on their websites.

Contact them directly, or a Ford dealer that was in business back then, or probably any experienced local car alarm shop--they will likely be able to help, or yank the whole silly thing out...
Old 03-29-2011, 08:36 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Ok well i figured it out thanks to a somebody who knew all about them on the modded mustang site. . turns out you have to take the box out, then take the 4 screws out, remove the bottom cover, then remove the top cover andyou'll see the little mother board thing. there's 4 small dip switches on the mother board. switch one is the arm/disarm chirp, switch two is the automatic starter lockout, switch three is the automatic arming, and switch 4 is just labeled instant trigger. so i took it all apart, switched number 3 to the opposite position, put it together and the auto arming is no longer there. woot!
Old 03-29-2011, 09:00 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

Cool...
Old 03-29-2011, 11:52 PM
asiansensation78
1st Gear Member

woot!
Old 03-30-2011, 09:19 AM
PoisonIvy
1st Gear Member

What did we do before the internet?!