4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

How much is it worth?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 06:53 PM
Chrisw9

Question How much is it worth?

Hello, thinking about selling my 03 Mustang GT Convertible. I just don't know what a good asking price is? Here are the details, please help.

Specs:
Original Owner
No mods, Completely stock
Red with Black Leather Interior
Around 120,000 miles on the car
New Clutch at 90,000 miles, Spark Plugs, new front bushings.
Just Serviced 2 months ago. Scored a perfect score from the Ford dealership, and got the oil changed.
I drive it every day, so there are some scratches around the car.
The Top leaks in the back, but it doesn't go onto the seats. It goes where it folds down in the back of the car. I will get it fixed soon. The top is in good condition though.

It has been in two crashes. A guy ran a light and hit the drivers side light and rear bumper. The other was I hit some gravel on the road spun out, but slowed down enough to only hit a wooden mailbox going 10mph on the passenger side front light and front bumper.
Both have been repaired perfectly.

The Car drives like new, and I have never had a problem at all. Its perfect. No tears in the interior, and its very clean.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:24 PM
Daehawk
4th Gear Member

I have no idea what its worth but wanted to chime in and say it seems rarer these days to find a car that has been taken care of like you seem to have your's. Kids and even a lot of adults like to get a cheaper sports car to just sling around and show off in. Hell I did that in my first car. Really abused it. I'd give a lot to have it now. Good on ya for taking care of her. You should get some good money out of it. As reference I paid $6400 cash for my 01 V6 with a bunch of mods and 130k miles on it last year. They wanted more if it had not been cash. And it's also a salvage title.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:34 PM
Chrisw9

I want at least 10k for it, just because I have taken very good care of it, and its almost perfect except for the scratches which are all pretty small but can be fixed, and the leaky top. Those are the only things wrong with the car.

I have also done all the work on the car, except the clutch and the last oil change, I was a little lazy and gave it to Ford. Besides it needed a maintenance test after 120K miles on the car. Came out to a perfect score! I still have the sheet as well.

I hope the price isn't to much, but I mean come on, a GT convertible, that is Red, and perfect.

Thanks for the reply.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:35 PM
TOMMY01GT
2nd Gear Member

last year my 03 GT Vert, white on grey with beige top, Cobra brakes, 3.73 gears, Cobra chromes, new engine, 4 new Kumhos, had like 40K miles on it...Ill find the invoice but with a 2 year warranty it was like 12K with financing...I think, I dont recall what the car was before the warranty and financing. Im thinking 9,800.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:50 PM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

I am a cheapass so I wont tell you what I think its worth being through two small accidents.

Take the average between KBB, NADA and Edmunds and thats what you should sell for.
Take the highest from the three and list it at $500 more if you have time to try to sell it.

If you have time, start high but accept low.

Your car needs some minor repairs and lets face it, you probably will not fix the leak.
Thats not a stab at you, we all have left minor repairs on the table.

The key to selling a car on Craigslist that is beautiful is to have SEVERAL LARGE CLEAN WELL LIT PHOTOS!

Detail the hell out of your car, if you dont have the products and tools already then spend the money on them.

A well detailed car will always sell better.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:52 PM
zinsavage123
1st Gear Member

private sale, 5-6$$$grand
Old 08-15-2011, 08:57 PM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

btw, if you want to have a feel for what your cars REAL score is, make a free classifieds ad on Ebay.

They will give you an AutoCheck and a score based on the cars history and miles, if those two accidents show up your score is going to be low.

btw, at $10k you are WAY over book in your area, I used Nashville since its a bigger city for the area code.

Here is your KBB value with EVERY POSSIBLE option with a 5spd.

http://www.kbb.com/ford/mustang/2003...condition=good
Old 08-15-2011, 09:02 PM
Chrisw9

Originally Posted by zinsavage123
private sale, 5-6$$$grand
Really only 5-6K? I have seen some 03 and 04 GT convertibles on Cars.com that have higher mileage, than mine and that sell for what I'm asking for. I know it has been crashed but seriously? I even saw a 94 with 135K for more than 12K.

The prices are all over the place, I don't think anyone really knows how much its worth, but I know there will be someone out there that will say "He has taken care of it very well, and I think its worth what hes asking," I hope so anyways.

Thanks for the replies.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:04 PM
Chrisw9

Originally Posted by NeoTokyo
btw, if you want to have a feel for what your cars REAL score is, make a free classifieds ad on Ebay.

They will give you an AutoCheck and a score based on the cars history and miles, if those two accidents show up your score is going to be low.

btw, at $10k you are WAY over book in your area, I used Nashville since its a bigger city for the area code.

Here is your KBB value with EVERY POSSIBLE option with a 5spd.

http://www.kbb.com/ford/mustang/2003...condition=good
Thanks for that, and I actually live south of Nashville to haha so that works out good.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:05 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Chrisw9
Really only 5-6K? I have seen some 03 and 04 GT convertibles on Cars.com that have higher mileage, than mine and that sell for what I'm asking for. I know it has been crashed but seriously? I even saw a 94 with 135K for more than 12K.

The prices are all over the place, I don't think anyone really knows how much its worth, but I know there will be someone out there that will say "He has taken care of it very well, and I think its worth what hes asking," I hope so anyways.

Thanks for the replies.
12k???? What are you high? Absolutely no way.

Your car - 120k miles with salvage title, 6500 TOPS. And that is only because of being a convertible.

Quick Reply: How much is it worth?