Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

2012 GT Front Suspension Issues

Old 09-10-2011, 07:17 PM
tzrich19

Post 2012 GT Front Suspension Issues

Is anyone else have noise (and possibly more) issues with the front suspension? The sound has gotten worse. It use to only make noise when going over a large bump or dip. Now anytime I hit a bump I hear the LF creak and moan and I can feel it in the pedals. When I take off from a start I hear it and feel it in he pedals. I got my 2012 Kona Blue Mustang about a month ago and this is really ticking me off. I went into a Ford dealership and they claim nothing is broken, just a noisy bushing. I had to drive (move) cross country so I finally have an appt with the local dealer. Just wondering if anyone else is having issues or knows what it could possibly be?
Old 09-10-2011, 09:32 PM
wrxified
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by tzrich19
Is anyone else have noise (and possibly more) issues with the front suspension? The sound has gotten worse. It use to only make noise when going over a large bump or dip. Now anytime I hit a bump I hear the LF creak and moan and I can feel it in the pedals. When I take off from a start I hear it and feel it in he pedals. I got my 2012 Kona Blue Mustang about a month ago and this is really ticking me off. I went into a Ford dealership and they claim nothing is broken, just a noisy bushing. I had to drive (move) cross country so I finally have an appt with the local dealer. Just wondering if anyone else is having issues or knows what it could possibly be?
Wow, wow, wow. Same exact noise. Been driving me nuts since May. Man I wish I could figure it out. I don't have the GT. 2011 V6 and I thought it would be useless bringing it to the dealership because of my Koni/Steeda suspension mods. I'm sure they'd just point at those and say they have no idea.

I would love to know if anyone knows which bushing or issue is cause this. I only hear it at low speeds moving forward slowly.
Old 09-11-2011, 12:11 PM
magnido45
2nd Gear Member

My right front makes a "scrunching" (sometimes a thunk) noise when rolling over speed bumps or dips...took it to the dealer...they determined it was a bad Lower Control Arm...it's on order...Free replacement under warranty...just waiting for the call...you should go to another dealer to have it checked out...
Old 09-11-2011, 12:33 PM
tzrich19

Originally Posted by magnido45
My right front makes a "scrunching" (sometimes a thunk) noise when rolling over speed bumps or dips...took it to the dealer...they determined it was a bad Lower Control Arm...it's on order...Free replacement under warranty...just waiting for the call...you should go to another dealer to have it checked out...
Yeah scrunching and thunking are definitely ways to describe the sound. I drove around today and the noise wasn't as bad as yesterday. I also got it washed and drove more yesterday... So maybe it was the water or the amount of use that made it worse. I have an appt tomorrow, I'll post what they tell me.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:32 PM
tzrich19

Default What the dealer said

So the dealer said it was a bad bushing on the control arm assembly... They had to order it and I still haven't heard anything back on them receiving the parts.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:20 AM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

Makes me glad I upgraded my front lower control arms to GT500 ones with Steeda X5 ball joints right at the start.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:24 PM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Based on this thread, it seems to be more of an '11 and up issue rather than something that you and I would be apt to face. I've never heard that noise with my OE GT arms either.

Norm
Old 09-21-2011, 10:24 PM
Newatthis
1st Gear Member

Hearing front end creaky noises when going over speed bumps as well on my 2012 GT build date, July 2011. Makes the car sound like it's 10 years old. Did not have them when car was new, only started hearing em about two weeks ago, car is 4 weeks old, not a daily driver. Will be bringing it up to dealer when first oil change is due in november.
Old 09-24-2011, 07:04 AM
kustomizm

i had the same issue on my 11 gt they put in a new lower control arm and it was gone for a little while. it eventually came back. i entered an autocross event and after that it went away and that was in august and no noise since. its like the suspension needs to break in or something. but the fix is to autocross the cars it seems
Old 09-24-2011, 07:26 AM
Sleeper_08
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kustomizm
...but the fix is to autocross the cars....
Whatever excuse works for you!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2012 GT Front Suspension Issues