351 Mustang

94 GT with 351 swap!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 08:51 PM
DeathRattle
2nd Gear Member

Default 94 GT with 351 swap!!

Hey guys, I haven't been on here in a while. So for the past few weeks I been looking for a good deal on a 2nd car. I been scouring C-List, Auto Shopper, Ebizzle, everywhere but couldn't find a good deal. Yesterday I stumbled upon a guy selling a 94 GT with a 351 swap in it!! He let it go for $2,500!! It's got headers, 3" exhaust, performer heads, and other mods. He said it's a built motor that the previous owner put in but I'm waiting to talk to the previous owner so I can get some specific specs (specific specs, haha...ok, corny I know). So anyway I am gonna be asking a LOT of stupid questions on here. Or at least questions that most of you have extensive information about. I hope you guys don't mind. I have a somewhat basic knowledge of pushrod engines (I had a 91 GT before), and a better knowledge base of 4V mod engines, but I'm most familiar with 2V mod engines. Anyway my first question is below.

What are you guys tuning with? I usually use Sniper and I know they have software for EFI engines but I've also heard of Tweecer or something like that. And I've heard that SCT has software. I have been looking all over but I can't find as much information as I would like. I will keep looking but in the meantime I'd like to know what you guys prefer and why you prefer it. I'm looking for something that will let me tune and re-tune. I would like it to be simple to use. However, I don't want to use a stand alone system. Thanks in advance!!
Old 09-27-2011, 06:16 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

These guys don't tune... they are afraid.

I recommend the Moates Quarterhorse.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:04 AM
DeathRattle
2nd Gear Member

I was initially hesitant to self-tune with the pre-96 ECU out of fear of blowing up my engine but I wanna take a crack at it. I like the Tweecer stuff and I just looked up your recommendation (thanks) and I like both. The Tweecer looks a little more complicated so I might just go with the Quarterhorse. As long as it has detailed instructions, simple terms, and explanations/descriptions for anything complicated then I'll give it a try. I assume you're using it. How well does it work for a beginner?
Old 09-29-2011, 06:30 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

If you are looking for something easy to use, the Tweecer is NOT for you.

I love my Quaterhorse, however it does not come with detailed instructions. If you would like to know more about how to tune your car, go join eectuning.org
Old 09-30-2011, 06:56 AM
DeathRattle
2nd Gear Member

With Tweecer everything comes in one package for $300. I see that with Quarter Horse I would have to purchase a few different items. I looked on their site and I saw that they don't support my ECU box code (as of yet) so I have to email them. Unfortunately they're closed this week until Monday. Can you tell me exactly what I need to purchase? I don't need any of the datalogging equipment, just everything for tuning.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:13 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

Originally Posted by DeathRattle
With Tweecer everything comes in one package for $300. I see that with Quarter Horse I would have to purchase a few different items. I looked on their site and I saw that they don't support my ECU box code (as of yet) so I have to email them. Unfortunately they're closed this week until Monday. Can you tell me exactly what I need to purchase? I don't need any of the datalogging equipment, just everything for tuning.
In regards to the Tweecer... Calcon and Caledit are ****ing useless.

With the QH, you buy a third party piece of software (not required... but highly recommended) called EEC Analyzer and Binary Editor. The only other thing you need is a laptop, and a wideband. You can wire the wideband in to the stock harness so it reports through the EVP. (how i have mine) and then disable EGR function through the tune. This allows you to datalog the WBO2 in real time, with the rest of your data.

What box code are you referring to? I'm sure the .bin and definition are available somewhere.
Old 10-02-2011, 08:16 PM
DeathRattle
2nd Gear Member

My ECU box code was not listed on their site. I checked and it said to email or call them. I will go through it one more time. And tomorrow I will call them to see exactly what I need and if they support my code. I'll keep you posted...thanks for your help!!
Old 10-02-2011, 09:43 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

Pro Tip: Tell me your ****ing ECU catch code.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:16 AM
DeathRattle
2nd Gear Member

Haha, sure thing...it is W4HO.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:06 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

I'm not sure where you got the information that your ECM isn't supported. Your computer isn't exactly rare, or unused. Not to mention that all of the CBAZA ECM's can use other strategies. For example, my J4J1 ECM is using a ZA0 (95 Cobra R) base tune.

Your DEF and BIN files are available on www.eecanalyzer.net

Last edited by AdderMk2; 10-03-2011 at 06:19 AM.

Quick Reply: 94 GT with 351 swap!!