Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

v6 Pony Package - worth it?

Old 07-05-2012, 01:43 PM
BubbleStang

Default v6 Pony Package - worth it?

Hey all!
Thanks a lot for answering my many questions in my earlier post. I'm still eyeballing the 2013 v6 Mustang.

My next question is around the "Pony Package" specifically. Basically, I'm wondering whether or not this is good value. What do you think? It seems to me like it's basically an extra grand for fog lights. Am I missing something?

Does anyone have any good side-by-side photos comparing the difference?

Much appreciated!

-Bubble
Old 07-05-2012, 03:15 PM
ninefooter
1st Gear Member

Well I went ahead and got it and for $995.00 it includes:
- Pony Grille
- Pony fender badge
- Auto headights (important to me)
- fog lights
- embroidered floormats
- rear spoiler
- lower stripe (had it removed)
- 18x8 polished aluminum wheels
- edit It also had Pony Projection mirrors on this one, and the dealer told me it only comes with pony package, BUT I'm not sure if that's true nor do I know what package specifically includes the projection mirrors.

I then sold the wheels for $950.00 which was nearly the price of the entire package so I used that money and got the rims and tires I was going to get anyway.. so basically got all the extra stuff included for free.

Last edited by ninefooter; 07-05-2012 at 03:25 PM.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:58 PM
JimC

The pony projector mirrors come on all premium package cars. And that is my wife's favorite thing on my MCA Edition.

The Pony Package as originally introduced in the 2006 model year included a lot more upgrades (basically it got the GT suspension for example). Now it is more of an appearance package - but it is a nice upgraded look. I like the Pony grill better than the base grill; but I went with the MCA Edition package this time because I liked that grill better, and I already had a Pony package car.

You can see the Pony grill in ninefooter's sig - I need to update my sig with the new car but here is a picture of the MCA front end. Other than different embroidery on the floor mats (rather than pony mine say Mustang Club of America); the side stripe on mine is similar to the GT/CS, fades out toward the back and says "Mustang Club of America" in it; gray wheels rather than chrome; and no fender badges probably because of the stripe; the two packages are the same.

Old 07-08-2012, 03:09 PM
Steve St.Laurent
1st Gear Member

I believe the pony projector lamps on come with the comfort package - not on all premium cars. That's what the Ford site says anyways. I'll know in about a month and a half when my 2013 comes in because I ordered a premium with the MCA package but not the comfort package - so I'm pretty sure it won't have the pony projector lamps. I am considering getting a set of the heated mirror with the pony projectors and swapping them on (for the heated mirrors) - it looks like the harness is already there and should be a direct swap.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:44 PM
Hollywood Stang

Do the illuminated door sills come with the pony package?
Old 07-11-2012, 12:09 AM
moto2000

the pony projection mirrors come with the comfort package. I have the pony package and the comfort package, and the projection mirrors are def one of my favorite parts of it. Everyone drools over the projections when they see it too haha. but I like the appearance upgrades of the pony package a lot. the rims and grill alone are a huge face lift. throw in the spoiler, fender badge and fog/auto headlights, its pretty legit imo.