Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

Sunlite Gold

Old 06-16-2010, 04:41 AM
BelStang

Default Sunlite Gold

Best Forum friends,

I am at the final stage of determining the color of my 68 Mustang GT R code Coupe.
Marti ELITE reports states the car was the following color combination:

Sunlite Gold paint, Ford #3073-A
Parchment Decor Bucket Seats
Options:
Parchment Vinyl Top
Tinted Glass

I have spent long and hard earned money on restoring this coupe to its former glory.... However, I just can not visualize this color combination.
Now my question to this forum.... Can anyone out there share any photos with me to try to get an idea of what this could look like finished?

Anything is more then I have now!

Thank you in advance from Belgium!
Old 06-16-2010, 04:46 AM
nba1341
4th Gear Member

Old 06-16-2010, 04:49 AM
nba1341
4th Gear Member

Old 06-16-2010, 04:55 AM
nba1341
4th Gear Member

Some coupe ones for you

A bunch of a convertable
http://www.billsclassiccars.com/carpages/68goldgt.html
Old 06-16-2010, 08:17 AM
BelStang

Question

nba1341

Thank you for the pictures!

Is there anyone who can provide me with the sunlite gold and parchment top color combination. Perhaps even as far as a GT with its color of its C stripe as well???

nba1341, I still have to find out what colors were the C strip and the hood color stripe for this car. It has been stated in different forums, 428 Cobra Jet forum, that all 68.5 ram air cars had a hood stripe that went up till the front window.

I see on the coupe you sent that with the Black top, it has the black C strip and that looks really nice. I just don't know what color the hood would be if the top what parchment color.

Comments/thoughts/best guesses are always welcome.
BR from Belgium
Old 06-17-2010, 05:29 AM
tx65coupe
5th Gear Member

I'm glad to see someone else going with a true classic color instead of the common colors you see today. Not that anything is wrong with those colors.
Old 07-10-2011, 02:15 AM
mickman
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by tx65coupe
I'm glad to see someone else going with a true classic color instead of the common colors you see today. Not that anything is wrong with those colors.
I know this is an old thread, but the topic is current for me, and here is my two cents ! :

I recently bought a '68 J code that came with the Sunlit Gold exterior (Ugh in my humble opinion) and the Nugget Gold deluxe interior and am going through the same mental anguish over original fugly color (again MHO) versus a true, bright Gold that would look better.

To make matters worse, I am also working on a '67 "Sauterne Gold" (double ugh) that looks more like an Olive Drab.

I've got half a mind to paint them both a Candy Apple Gold with some flake or something because I just cannot stomach these original colors ! The Sunlit Gold is actually more like a copper color.

In any event, I would like to keep the '68 GT as original as possible but just can't see putting that much work in a car and feel forced to go with a color that is really disappointing.

Please feel free to comment on this thread and these thoughts !
Old 07-13-2011, 10:07 AM
BelStang

Mickman,

I can feel your mental pain....

For what its worth..... I am still getting use to the color of my R code. Going from dark blue with a white top to the Sunlit Gold with Black top with Gt stripes(Black) and CJ hood stripe (black) still takes some getting use to.

But I can tell you this.... If done right, the car looks amazing... In the evening its different then in the morning then in the shade then in the sun.... the cars color is just hard to describe.

Would I do it again after all has been said/done/paid for......

YES I would.....

but at the end of the day..... its your car and you have to enjoy it....

Be it red, green, blue or Sunlit Gold

Grtz and good luck

Old 07-13-2011, 08:43 PM
JMD
6th Gear Member

My .02 is that I like the gold color along with the parchment interior.

I love the retro look.... but the engine NEEDS to be the early Ford engine gold also...
Old 08-01-2011, 08:01 PM
mickman
1st Gear Member

Belstang, good luck with your car. Any pics so far ?

The anguish for me is wanting to keep things as original as possible, almost concours, but still have a car you love.

I could probably learn to love the Sunlit Gold and I think it's already growing on me. To me, originality is worth its weight in gold (no pun intended !)

Anyhow good luck with your car, a 68 R code is a real rare beast !

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sunlite Gold