5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

pro flow 75mm MAF... worth it?

Old 12-05-2005, 09:25 PM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

Default pro flow 75mm MAF... worth it?

I can get a near new pro flow 75mm MAF from a buddy for like 75 bucks, is it worth it?
Old 12-05-2005, 09:31 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

Default RE: pro flow 75mm MAF... worth it?

prolly, esp if you need one. the Pro Ms go for around 200 iirc.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:37 PM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

Yeah that's what i've heard, i'll probably go ahead and get it, he said that he paid 289 for it brand new, i was like damn.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:49 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Buy it if you need it and if you dont need it... buy it anyway and sell it and buy something else that you need
Old 12-06-2005, 12:16 AM
MattCA
2nd Gear Member

i thought you were "taking your mustang to the dumpyard"? anyways. well ive been thinking of an maf or the complete maf kit and just the maf (70 mm) are $100. idk how good they are or anything but they are $100. id probably go for it. what do you mean if you need it? wont it add horsepower anyways?
Old 12-06-2005, 08:10 PM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

Well that was a few months ago, and I got it all figured out, typical 5.0 blues I guess. Yes the larger MAF will add HP but not a whole lot, maybe a small SOTP feel and intake sound, I think for a bolt on 5.0 it's a good idea. Another question, on the stock manifold, can you put a 65mm TB and EGR spacer on it with out porting the opening on the upper manifold? Or is the opening large enough?
Old 12-06-2005, 08:39 PM
Quik
6th Gear Member

becarefull with those new Pro-ms. alot of complaints lately with them

do you actually think a MAF will give you that much power? i sure dont.

remember real mods are H/C/I along with boost or juice, stroked everything else supporting mod
Old 12-06-2005, 08:45 PM
settled4automatic
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MattCA

i thought you were "taking your mustang to the dumpyard"? anyways. well ive been thinking of an maf or the complete maf kit and just the maf (70 mm) are $100. idk how good they are or anything but they are $100. id probably go for it. what do you mean if you need it? wont it add horsepower anyways?

i agree with Quik on this one... if you don't have the h/c/i to go with a larger maf like a 75mm, then you don't need one, its overkill. it'll just add to much air in your mix.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:50 PM
Quik
6th Gear Member

also you can only let in so much air as intake can take. over doing it will cause issues.

lets think about this for a while....if put that size there for a reason. yes its small but dont you think it works with conjunction with the stock setup. and do you really think youll gain much from a TB at this moment? enough to justify the purchase of a new one. now a used one for cheap yea but not new. yes every HP adds up and helps but also learning how to setup the ride is more important.

its like this how does a stang with only roughly 190rwhp beat a stang with a claimed 250rwhp or even more??????
Old 12-06-2005, 09:13 PM
92hatchLX
6th Gear Member

I also agree with Quik, but I do not have the time, the money, or a spare vehicle at the moment do a H/C/I swap and rebuild my engine. People with bolt ons claim that they have noticed a small improvement in performance that's all that I'm looking for right now. If I really wanted to add 150+ hp I'd save up about 3-4 grand for the H/C/I and the forged internals to or save up 500 bucks for a nitrous kit, but I really don't want my car to blow up or quit sometime soon down the road. I didn't say that I was going to get a 65mm TB and EGR spacer, I simply asked if it would fit and out of 3 posts and 2 very knowledgeable people, I simply did not get that answer. I'm sure that the MAF will add a tiny bit of HP if it doesn't, then oh well, I learned a lesson and I can get over it and turn around and sell it, and I learned something, that's the way that people learn is trial and error. I'm getting gears for christmas so there's no need for me to purchase those. Maybe I should aim higher and just got for an intake manifold, sure, that wouldn't dig too deep into my pockets, and there's a little bit more to gain from it, but then again I might just hear the response that I don't have the heads and cam to support it and blah blah blah, well I know that there's people in here with just an aftermarket intake manifold that will tell you that after they bolted theirs in there was a noticable gain....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: pro flow 75mm MAF... worth it?