View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 11:22 AM   #9
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 mustang gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20binafd View Post
Ok so I'll jack it up at the pinch welds high enough to get a jack stand under the end of the k member, lower it onto the jack stand, and then do the same on the other side. Sound about right?

Thanks moostang and redfire for clearing that up, I was reading about bent k members and I couldn't for the life of me figure out which part people were talking about. Apparently lifting at the pinch welds on the fox body damaged the car and I read in an s197 manual not to lift the car more than is needed to remove a tire but I guess its one of those liability things, kinda like pumpkin jacking. Thanks again guys.

I'll wait until someone confirms what I said before going ahead.
You can jack it at the pinch welds just behind where the cutout is for a jack stand, then put the jack stand in at the pinch weld. I don't recommend using the K member, because it can potentially slip off.

whipple HO SC,FRPP k springs, Pypes mid mufflers, hurst, frpp TB, 4.10's, spohn lca's, adj. UCA, relo brackets, 1 piece DS, spec stg 3+ clutch. 12.52@117.6mph so far with a 2.01 60 ft time

Pumpkin jacking addict
moosestang is offline   Reply With Quote