4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

And now, on to Fog Lamp issues (and other quirks with my 2000 GT)

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 08:17 PM
AwwPhooey

Default And now, on to Fog Lamp issues (and other quirks with my 2000 GT)

Ok, now that I've figured out cruise control, I'm still working down the list of quirky issues I'm having with this 2000 GT I bought. if anyone can offer some guidance, much appreciated. The following components are currently not working:
Fog Lamps
Cigarette Lighter
Charging port in console
TRAC light (I think*)

Fog Lamps not working- all fuses under dash are integral, including #38 for fog lamps, and my test light comes on when touching each one. The FOG DRL fuse in the engine compartment also lights up the test light.

I then turned the car on, turned parking lights on, pulled the fog bulb out of housing and touched the bulb connector with test light. Nothing. Took fog lamp switch out of the console, pulled apart and when touching all prongs within the switch, test light does nothing. I'm assuming this means no power going to switch and thus nothing going to bulbs. But as I said, all fuses are active. Does this mean there's a break in the line somewhere between fuse and switch?

Cigarette lighter doesn't work- Fuse 1 is integral, test light lights up when touching fuse.

Charging port in console doesn't work - POWER POINT fuse within engine compartment lights my test light up.

TRAC control - Fuse 5 is integral and lights my test light up. I am going to ask a stupid question here (the * from above). When my tires spin at take off, a little "racing wheel" light goes on within the dash. I assume this is traction control kicking in, so maybe it works? The reason I don't know for sure is, when i push the TRAC button no light comes on the dash to tell me it's on, and I've never had traction control on a vehicle before. I took the console cover off and disconnected both the TRAC switch and lighter. I then hit each one with my test light, the key on, and neither the Trac switch nor the cigarette lighter come on.

A little confused.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Phoo