Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Next Modd for '13 GT? $500 worth?

Old 04-26-2013, 07:42 PM
Jay_C123
2nd Gear Member

Smile Next Modd for '13 GT? $500 worth?

Hey guys,
Got decent size bonus this month and of course its going right in for some modds!! Well after bills and all are paid off I have about $500 to play around with. So Far I have a Steeda CAI with Tune, BBK Lower Control Arms, 3.73 gears (being installed soon), Borla S-types Axles and Boss H-pipe with side pipes and a few other appearance modds. My car is a DD i drive about 25-30 miles a day (just sharing just in case) I dont track it but its something I want to do in the future along with a Supercharger.Aanyways Im not sure what to get next. I have a few things in mind, BBk 85mm TB, Boss Manifold, Accel SuperCoils. Maybe even some suspension modds? any suggestions? Insight? Experience?
Thank in advance you guys.

Name:  billetgrille.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  125.3 KB

Name:  cdcreardeckpanel.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  99.5 KB
Old 04-27-2013, 10:22 AM
cam2904
4th Gear Member

Nice starting point. Nice mods so far.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:07 PM
Jay_C123
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by cam2904
Nice starting point. Nice mods so far.
Thanks man Appreciate it. Any recommendations on what i should do next?
Old 04-27-2013, 10:20 PM
kornflake7

I would personally go with the boss manifold which is right around your price point
Old 04-27-2013, 11:10 PM
Code Vision
1st Gear Member

Did you notice a difference with lower control arms, absent any other suspension mods?

I have the Boss Manifold, its not a bad upgrade....But as a daily driver myself I don't really get the revs that high...It looks great and makes a nice hint (very slight) of hollow sound that you can hear in the cabin. It pulls all the way to the red, but again, I don't drive like that very often....

I also have the 85mm BBK throttlebody, it smoothed out the throttle response and acceleration somewhat, enough that I would buy it again.

I think if I had the money back for the Boss Manifold, I think I might have opted for the Accel Super Coil On Plug Kit.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:26 AM
Paul S. Safford

I'm also getting the 3.73 gears installed this weekend, interested to hear back how you like yours?
Old 04-28-2013, 01:16 PM
Jay_C123
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Code Vision
Did you notice a difference with lower control arms, absent any other suspension mods?

I have the Boss Manifold, its not a bad upgrade....But as a daily driver myself I don't really get the revs that high...It looks great and makes a nice hint (very slight) of hollow sound that you can hear in the cabin. It pulls all the way to the red, but again, I don't drive like that very often....

I also have the 85mm BBK throttlebody, it smoothed out the throttle response and acceleration somewhat, enough that I would buy it again.

I think if I had the money back for the Boss Manifold, I think I might have opted for the Accel Super Coil On Plug Kit.
Well I'll say it wasn't a HUGE difference BUT i did feel better take off than stock and when i went into sports mode I could definitely feel more of a difference. (I have auto)

So in your opinion your saying Accel SuperCoils first, BBK 85mm TB second and Boss Mani 3rd?
Old 04-28-2013, 01:17 PM
Jay_C123
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Paul S. Safford
I'm also getting the 3.73 gears installed this weekend, interested to hear back how you like yours?
Let me know how they feel! Im planning on installing them soon. most likely next week also. Cant wait
Old 04-28-2013, 06:06 PM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jay_C123
Well I'll say it wasn't a HUGE difference BUT i did feel better take off than stock and when i went into sports mode I could definitely feel more of a difference. (I have auto)

So in your opinion your saying Accel SuperCoils first, BBK 85mm TB second and Boss Mani 3rd?
I wouldn't do the accels, I have talked with many folks about this as I considered it once and they are learning the stocks perform better than the accels.

I would go with the boss Mani, if that is your thing but you will lose some torque.

Car looks nice.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:38 AM
Jay_C123
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Gary Ugarek
I wouldn't do the accels, I have talked with many folks about this as I considered it once and they are learning the stocks perform better than the accels.

I would go with the boss Mani, if that is your thing but you will lose some torque.

Car looks nice.
Thanks for the info

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Next Modd for '13 GT? $500 worth?