Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of My Interior Mods - 2011 v6

Old 05-13-2013, 12:35 AM
cariacou
2nd Gear Member

Smile Pics of My Interior Mods - 2011 v6

I finally took the time to stop and take a few pics.

here's my car, let me know how you like it and what you would change / upgrade

rate my stang: https://mustangforums.com/forum/gara...-cariacou.html

Interior Mods:
- Beltronics STI-R + Super Stealth Install (display in mirror + Blinking hazard Warning lights when a radar signal is spotted)
- Carbon Fiber Vinyl
- Speakers
- Heated Seats
- Grant Steering Wheel
- Mustang Chrome Emblem on the trunk

Attached Thumbnails Pics of My Interior Mods - 2011 v6-cariacou-albums-garage-candy-picture54890-driver-door-panel-mods-carbon-fiber-wrap-speakers.jpg   Pics of My Interior Mods - 2011 v6-cariacou-albums-garage-candy-picture54889-rear-view-mirror-mods-beltronics-sti-r-screen-integrat.jpg   Pics of My Interior Mods - 2011 v6-cariacou-albums-garage-candy-picture54888-armrest-mods-carbon-fiber-wrap-beltronics-sti-r-contro.jpg   Pics of My Interior Mods - 2011 v6-cariacou-albums-garage-candy-picture54887-overview-of-the-inside.jpg   Pics of My Interior Mods - 2011 v6-cariacou-albums-garage-candy-picture54886-overview-of-the-inside.jpg  

Pics of My Interior Mods - 2011 v6-cariacou-albums-garage-candy-picture54884-dash-board-mods-carbon-fiber-wrap-beltronics-sti-r-rad.jpg   Pics of My Interior Mods - 2011 v6-cariacou-albums-garage-candy-picture54883-dash-board-mods-carbon-fiber-wrap-beltronics-sti-r-rad.jpg   Pics of My Interior Mods - 2011 v6-cariacou-albums-garage-candy-picture54882-rear-view-mirror-mods-beltronics-sti-r-screen-integrat.jpg   Pics of My Interior Mods - 2011 v6-cariacou-albums-garage-candy-picture54881-rear-view-mirror-mods-beltronics-sti-r-screen-integrat.jpg   Pics of My Interior Mods - 2011 v6-cariacou-albums-garage-candy-picture54880-rear-view-mirror-mods-beltronics-sti-r-screen-integrat.jpg  

Pics of My Interior Mods - 2011 v6-cariacou-albums-garage-candy-picture54879-console-mods-2-heated-seats-buttons-3-switches-sub-rad.jpg   Pics of My Interior Mods - 2011 v6-cariacou-albums-garage-candy-picture54878-driver-door-panel-mods-carbon-fiber-wrap-speakers.jpg   Pics of My Interior Mods - 2011 v6-dsc04714.jpg  

Last edited by cariacou; 05-14-2013 at 11:54 AM.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:44 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

looks good!
Old 05-13-2013, 08:40 AM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Does look good. Really like the CF on the steering wheel.

Matthew
Old 05-13-2013, 09:08 AM
magnido45
2nd Gear Member

How's the quality of the Grant Steering Wheel? From the reviews I've read, it's hit or miss w/ the leather and craftsmanship.

Last edited by magnido45; 05-13-2013 at 09:10 AM. Reason: mistype
Old 05-13-2013, 09:22 AM
MF.Stage3

What is the button next to the cup holders? I don't think my car has that. Also an intresting location for the Passport 9500ci controls.

Do you know how to turn off X and K bands on that radar? I've been too lazy to look it up. Mine has done a great job of saving false alarms, but I still pick up a lot of K bands. The cops in my area only use Ka and Laser.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:37 AM
cariacou
2nd Gear Member

the round switch you see in the cup holder was supposed to be a kill switch for the Laser Interceptor, a laser jammer. But I never took the time to install it: it looks like LEOs are not using laser where I live.

Yeah, I like the location, it's handy and very easy to hide not to make LEOs angry.

You can disable bands from the control module, but it's pretty painful. easiest way is through the computer: did the previous owner give you the usb sync cable ? you can just hook it to the computer, download the 9500ci software, and disable/enable any functions by checking/unchecking boxes.
It's much easier, and also allows you to update your software at the same time.

how is your 9500ci installed ?
Old 05-13-2013, 11:48 AM
cariacou
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Matt's 95 Stang
Does look good. Really like the CF on the steering wheel.

Matthew
thanks, this was actually the easiest part to do and the less vinyl-consuming one

Originally Posted by magnido45
How's the quality of the Grant Steering Wheel? From the reviews I've read, it's hit or miss w/ the leather and craftsmanship.
yes, I got a good deal on ebay so that's mainly the reason I bought it (there's actually one at 49$ on auction atm). I really love the steering wheel feel and look.
The leather feels good, I can understand the mixed reviews about the craftmanship however.

Indeed, the ford part is a basic few pieces of leather wrapper between each spokes.
The grant has much more pieces to add ornaments, and I think this is where it can feel like a cheap replica. It's hard to say at these junctions if the two pieces of leather has been sawed from the inside and are not visible, or if they have been glued together.
I myself can't tell this from the wheel out of the box. I think it's usual wear that will tell it: I don't expect a glued junction to last more than a few weeks.

So if you don't hear back from me after a month, consider that the all leather pieces are sawed , or in other words the wheel is made to last.

I can tell you one thing though, the feel is very different. When I came back home after a couple days to put the old wheel back in the box, unless the grant falls apart I will never change the wheel back to factory. Seeing this big round shiny leather circle makes it looks like a bus driver's steering wheel compared to the Grant.

Last edited by cariacou; 05-13-2013 at 11:53 AM.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:07 PM
MF.Stage3

I can upload some pictures later, but the display for mine is on the front of the overhead light box. The controls are inbetween the air speed and the temp ***** (where those 4 buttons are, since I don't have whatever those are supposed to be). The laser jammers in the front are next to each headlight in the grill, and the one in the back is right underneath the license plate. I have a ROUSH plate frame to help it blend in. Looks like it is part of the frame unless you are really looking for it.

I didn't get a usb cable but I'm assuming is just a standard mini or micro and I have plenty of those. Thanks for the information, I'll have to do that one of these days. I like having my controls inbetween those two *****. Since I have a manual, my hand is normally pretty close to it so I can mute it if I get a X or K alert. Plus it hides those ugly fake buttons and looks like it is supposed to be there (sorta). Once I leave work I'll take some pictures.
Old 05-13-2013, 03:08 PM
the5

Looks sick!
Old 05-13-2013, 04:08 PM
MF.Stage3

Here are some pictures of my 9500ci.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pics of My Interior Mods - 2011 v6