Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

What do you think of Mustangs in the gold color

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 03:02 PM
sdviking

Default What do you think of Mustangs in the gold color

Hey guys, I'm getting closer to getting my 66 Fastback to the paint booth. The car was originally the gold color but was repainted to red. I really like the deep red finger nail polish look but I am seeing a lot of older red mustang. Starting to think I might take the car back to a gold color. Have you seen any mustangs in gold that just look great?
Old 05-22-2013, 04:01 PM
imboden
1st Gear Member

My 67 coupe was an orginal gold color. to be honest I hate it. once I'm done doing everything else, I'll paint it.

unless you do like a black top, black hood, gold underneath... or black with gold stripes.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:41 PM
guitarman376
3rd Gear Member

I also have never liked gold mustangs. I never understood why Hertz used gold stripes on their mustangs. That said, even awful colors look good on some cars if everything's done right. Ultimately your opinion is the only one you should care about. I like darker reds, darker blues, dark greens and white for classics.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:44 PM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

Never liked any car in gold. Even the new Cadillac gold is kind of ugly. Maybe it would grow on you.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:24 PM
sethalot
2nd Gear Member

I like the black with gold accents on the hertz cars but thats about it.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:17 AM
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn

I have seen a couple of them and they look good. Going to a car show and seeing a sea of red & blue Mustangs gets dull. I applaud your wanting to go back to the original color.

My fastback's original color is that pale yellow so there will be snow cones served in hell before I take it back to factory color.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:09 AM
sdviking

Default Good comments all!

Ok going to have to put the glasses on my imagination and keep an open mind. I have a 67 coupe in Maroon, and a 66 Coupe in 2010 koni blue with a little metallic. hmmm don't want to go white or black. I do like the dark blues or reds with the white or black strips but don't want to be like all the others. deep thoughts
Old 05-23-2013, 03:55 PM
cashs mom
1st Gear Member

I don't like the gold very well. You see a lot of red because it shows well and photographs well. I've noticed at shows the the cars that win Best Paint are usually red or black. Black makes any car look good, but it a booger to keep up. I would go to some car shows and look at early mustangs in a lot of colors and then go with what you like.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:29 PM
jspagna1
3rd Gear Member

Not a fan of gold cars either. To be honest I hated the color of my car at first and then I went to car shows and did not see a lot of them with the same color so decided to stick with the SilverBlue factory color and I'm glad I did. Good luck on your choice.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:08 PM
Iskwezm
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by fastbackford351
I have seen a couple of them and they look good. Going to a car show and seeing a sea of red & blue Mustangs gets dull. I applaud your wanting to go back to the original color.
I agree.Dont worry about what other people like. You could always add a pear to the gold to change it up a little bit.even though your not using the factory paint code, you can look at color chips and find a gold that stands out.

Last edited by Iskwezm; 05-23-2013 at 11:21 PM.

Quick Reply: What do you think of Mustangs in the gold color