Massachusetts Regional Chapter Chapter President: Torch_Vert

A few S197 parts for sale

Old 05-26-2013, 11:28 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Default A few S197 parts for sale

Have a couple items up for sale, most of which are large and/or heavy so i'd prefer to deal locally rather than eBay, etc

(SOLD)First is a 7.5" rear axle assembly with upgrades including a Detroit Trutrac LSD, Ford Racing 3.73 gears and a TA Performance girdle cover. Asking $350 (the Trutrac alone is worth $475 new). Will fit 05-09 V6 Mustangs.

Second is an IPP KR style hood. The exterior of this hood is great, but the underside will need some finish work. Ran $750 new, asking $275.

SOLDI also have a Fays2 Watts Link setup for sale. Will fit any Mustang '05 to current (including convertibles). Unit had fresh rod ends installed last fall. Asking $395 (New cost from Fays2 is $680).

Also have a Ford Racing cover for the 8.8" available. This is the nice one used on the '12+ SVT models, which has cooling fins, and a threaded fitting to move the axle vent to the top of the center housing, rather than on the axle tube where they tend to leak under "spirited" operation. These run $160 from Ford Racing. Asking $90.

One more item for sale: An H&R rear sway bar. Gorgeous well designed part, German engineering and manufacturing standards. A little ticked to let it go, but another suspension mod from a different manufacturer conflicts, so something has to give. Only a few months on the car. New cost is $309, asking $195.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/hr-rea...ar-0512gt.html

Last edited by Torch_Vert; 06-08-2013 at 07:24 PM.
Old 05-27-2013, 02:15 AM
chaoscentral
2nd Gear Member

i might be interested in that hood to go with my shelby front end. Any pics of the underside?
Old 05-27-2013, 09:04 AM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by chaoscentral
i might be interested in that hood to go with my shelby front end. Any pics of the underside?
It's designed for the GT500 style front end. The problem on the underside is the framework around the edges was about a 1/2" too short to meet the underside of the hood exterior in most places, and they'd filled the gap with a ton of clear silicone. I removed the silicone, and cut away the short inner flange with the intent of glassing in the edge gap properly, but never had time to work on it due to 60-70 hour work weeks at the time.

I'll dig around, I think I should probably have pics somewhere.

Also, I will say I never got better mileage with my car that with this hood test mounted. Besides the functional top extractors, there are also narrow extractors on the trailing edge of the hood. These seem to improve air flow over the car or cut drag somehow.

Edit: Located a pic showing the area needing a little attention:

Last edited by Torch_Vert; 05-27-2013 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Adding pic
Old 05-27-2013, 09:55 AM
shad2009
5th Gear Member

i feel you on the vents cutting drag...before i got the vented fenders, i was getting around 18.8 (and i was doing all highway with no traffic) and after the fenders i've been on 21.0 consistently (still all highway but with some traffic)...vents FTW lol
Old 05-27-2013, 03:36 PM
chaoscentral
2nd Gear Member

after the stall converter any help for MPG is appreciated lol, I'm down to a whopping 13mpg combined lol. Ill give it a few more weeks before I say its all the converter, but its very apparent the lack of mpg compared to the stock one, but the gain in seat of the pants feel is fantastic lol
Old 05-27-2013, 10:11 PM
LMC13
1st Gear Member

I think I'm interested in the rear sway bar and the Watts link. Once I added the relocation brackets for my LCAs, one of them comes much too close to the sway bar and I think it's hitting occasionally. I'm not sure if this sway bar will help or not. The Watts link is all about handling and over/under steer, correct? Will it help or hurt at the drag strip or doesn't it matter?
Old 05-27-2013, 11:10 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by LMC13
I think I'm interested in the rear sway bar and the Watts link. Once I added the relocation brackets for my LCAs, one of them comes much too close to the sway bar and I think it's hitting occasionally. I'm not sure if this sway bar will help or not. The Watts link is all about handling and over/under steer, correct? Will it help or hurt at the drag strip or doesn't it matter?
The Watts is about handling correct. Great for the cornering, doesn't affect strip use one way or the other.

As for the sway, not sure if it would help or not, given your particular issue, but if you decide to pick up the Watts and bring your car, we could always back it up on ramps and eyeball it and compare.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:18 PM
RJDavis413
1st Gear Member

I am EXTREMELY interested in the rear axle assembley. Is it the whole rear end?
Old 05-30-2013, 11:12 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by RJDavis413
I am EXTREMELY interested in the rear axle assembley. Is it the whole rear end?
Yes, 100% complete and functional.
Old 05-31-2013, 04:57 AM
RJDavis413
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Torch_Vert
Yes, 100% complete and functional.
I should trust you 100% because your the chapter leader haha. But why get rid of it and how many miles were on it?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A few S197 parts for sale