Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got hit :/

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 11:01 PM
SkyWitit23
2nd Gear Member

Default Got hit :/ *update pics*

Hey fellas I got hit today, it's not to bad but it sucks..My question for you guys is I have nationwide insurance, I have a endorsement "Brand new OEM parts replacement" my bumper got scratch up pretty good but no dents or cracks from what I can see, it would need to be sanded down and repainted, do I get a new bumper because of the endorsement that I have? I'm going to need a new diffuser and muffler..what about my license plate? It's bent lol I also stated to the insurance company I want the check cut to me after talking to the body shop is this a good move or no? I actually want to buy my own parts, I just don't know if that's possible..sorry about the ****ty pics lol there scratches you can't see around the plate area

Also what about the depreciation value claim?

Last edited by SkyWitit23; 06-30-2013 at 07:20 PM.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:43 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Insurance law varies state to state. I have had the checks made out to me before but you will have to ask your agent.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:04 AM
teepee542
2nd Gear Member

What's that line just above the I on your license plate? I got rear ended by a cop 2 years ago. He was going less the 5 miles an hour. His brush guard put a tiny dent in about the same spot as that mark. If I looked at it from an angle I could see some stress marks in the paint. Insurance replaced the entire bumper including painting and stripes. There will be damage to the plastic that you can't see now that will cause paint problems later.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:51 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Hey man I'd consider yourself lucky... Thats not bad at all!
Old 06-13-2013, 10:09 AM
SkyWitit23
2nd Gear Member

Yeah I am lucky..That scratch Is nice line down to the paint, I went to the body shop he said it has to be repainted, diffuser is done muffler is done, behind that idunno..there's more sctrahes you can't see due to the sunlight but its on there..I'm wondering if the bumper will be replaced mmmm...GT500 diffuser? I want to buy the diffuser and muffler any ideas?

Also what about the deprecation value claim? It's is gonna go on the car fax correct, when I come to trade the car in?
Old 06-13-2013, 12:24 PM
BTR-75
1st Gear Member

You need to be careful with them cutting you a check, many times insurance companies will offer this because it's in effect a settlement. My wife's XC-90 got rear-ended pretty good and the insurance company wanted to give us a check, I declined and told them to just pay repair costs. It ended up being almost double, had I taken the check I'd have been on the hook for the balance.

If you're 100% sure of the damage done and costs to repair/replace with stuff you want then go for it, assuming they can cut you a check.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:34 PM
SkyWitit23
2nd Gear Member

The agent said he cuts the check to with the body shops name and mine..I understand you tho.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:49 PM
Art161
4th Gear Member

Check your insurance policy. It is likely that there is wording that says they do not cover diminished value. If that is the case, you would have to pursue the other person. You would need to prove the amount of the diminished value. There are probably web sites that value cars and one of the questions might be if it has been damaged, and how much did the repair cost. Run the value with no damage, and then run the value with the damage you incurred. Then decide if it is worthwhile to pursue. You could also take it to the used car department of a dealer and ask how much less the car is worth because of damage. Get the response in writing.

In any event, it appears as though the car can be repaired. Keep all documentation so that a prospective buyer can tell exactly what was damaged and what repairs were done.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:20 PM
SkyWitit23
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Art161
Check your insurance policy. It is likely that there is wording that says they do not cover diminished value. If that is the case, you would have to pursue the other person. You would need to prove the amount of the diminished value. There are probably web sites that value cars and one of the questions might be if it has been damaged, and how much did the repair cost. Run the value with no damage, and then run the value with the damage you incurred. Then decide if it is worthwhile to pursue. You could also take it to the used car department of a dealer and ask how much less the car is worth because of damage. Get the response in writing.

In any event, it appears as though the car can be repaired. Keep all documentation so that a prospective buyer can tell exactly what was damaged and what repairs were done.
I called nationwide (my insurance company) they told me I can't file a,claim against them, I would have to goto threw the other insurance company first.. He told me I have to hire experts to prove a loss and also could wind up costing me a substantial amount of money to get done.
Old 06-13-2013, 04:01 PM
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

Welcome to insurance hell....I wonder sometimes if we should all just stop feeding the sharks??

Quick Reply: Got hit :/