Detailing Discuss detailing and the appearance of your ride inside and out here.

Dark Emerald Green Vs. Reef Blue paint

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 02:07 PM
yurizx6r
3rd Gear Member

Default Dark Emerald Green Vs. Reef Blue paint

Hey guys, has anybody had "dark emerald/jewel green" on their fox before? I'm down to the stock reef blue or the dark green. Reef blue is what is one there now, but I'm not sure which to go with. One of my concern is that the dark green would be too hot (I live in Florida) and would be a pain to keep clean. Any experience or advice?
Old 06-22-2013, 03:01 PM
VistaBlueFrank68
2nd Gear Member

The Psychology of car colors: First determine your sex (look down) now preference:
I will base all colors for a Hetro-phobe Male, not Sexist, Homophobe or a Xenophobe just saying it's a base commonality. Think the opposite of all I say if you choose:

Blue: You have parenting issues, abandonment, too many hugs not enough hugs but who doesn't and it's a cool, laid back kinda guy color. You're the enemy of Red.

Green: If you're a guy, you have a secret, Keep it to yourself but woman know. Goes well with chin strap beards.

Black: Can't go wrong, goes with Blue Jeans, or suit, Sushi or steak. You can even have a brown interior and still look good. Need kids to wash and wax it.

White: Your a blank slate, cop or it's a rental. I understand Jesus rode a white donkey. In the second coming when he won't turn the other cheek, I'm sure he will select a Performance White Mustang, GT-500 KR. Run sinners, run.

Red: Get attention, girls, cops, insurance but If any *** is going to give it 2 seconds of thought as to slam their crappy door into your beautiful door they might not. Downs, you get picked on a lot for street races.

All others, Orange is big in Syracuse, Grabber colors popular but in a 70's **** rug kinda way, Gray - many famous Cavalry units used Gray horses and even called themselves for example the Royal Grays. I believe Custer had a Troop of such steads. Silver is a vain color, all the royal spaceships are always silver in Star Wars. Pink you're selling make-up. Purple - Bernie.

Bottom line up front: Go with Blue, Black or Red if you could.

If you're married forget all of this. Drive what your told and none will think less of you.

Last edited by VistaBlueFrank68; 06-22-2013 at 03:09 PM.
Old 06-22-2013, 03:25 PM
yurizx6r
3rd Gear Member

.............huh....................really didn't expect a response like that lol! It's funny, I'm a about to graduate with a major in psychology, and we have not gone over this! What a waste of money! Well, I am married, BUT not only do I wear the pants, my wife likes both. It's up to a coin toss at this point. Unless somebody can tell me something I don't know. I love your response though! lol
Old 06-22-2013, 05:31 PM
VistaBlueFrank68
2nd Gear Member

I hope in Psych 101 you learn to not take strange Psych advice from strangers over the net. It's tongue in cheek or Kernel of truth, Red = prison riots, some insurers will discount Yellow cars because they're seen better. Color can be nationalistic, Italy is Red, France White, England Hunter Green, so on.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:31 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Here is my white fox with my friends Deep Emerald Jewel Green Fox.
Name:  IMG_0080_zpsbd203dcd.jpg
Views: 2009
Size:  54.9 KB
Old 06-22-2013, 06:31 PM
Duncan_GT
4th Gear Member

Thats the funniest damn post i've seen in awhile hahaha
Old 06-22-2013, 06:40 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Heres some more
Name:  lakecounty6-12-10010.jpg
Views: 1234
Size:  51.1 KB
Name:  WH6-5-107.jpg
Views: 2378
Size:  70.5 KB
Name:  WH6-5-109.jpg
Views: 509
Size:  54.9 KB
Old 06-22-2013, 07:30 PM
yurizx6r
3rd Gear Member

Both are very nice Foxes! Does your friend like the color? Is it a pain to keep clean (you know water spots, show a lot of dirt, etc) or does it get really hot like black? I painted my first foxbody black once, and I regretted it every day after that. Too damn hot.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:11 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

He wouldnt trade it for any other color. Its comparable to any of the darker colors when it comes to water spots and dirt. As far as heat, I dont see much of a difference between his and mine. Hot is hot here in the Florida sun, no matter what the color.
Old 06-23-2013, 08:20 AM
yurizx6r
3rd Gear Member

True with the damn Florida sun. I've lived in Florida all my life. No matter what the color, it's still hot in the summer. I just remember noticing a difference when I went from a black car to a white car, but I guess your right, between the two colors I want there probably will not be much difference. I expect it will be slightly worse on water spots (once again, thanks FL/crappy water companies), but I guess no matter what it will be the same. I'm thinking I will go with the Dark Emerald Green. I think that looks amazing.

Quick Reply: Dark Emerald Green Vs. Reef Blue paint