SVT Forums

at my witts end..

Old 06-25-2013, 10:41 PM
dnal05

Default at my witts end..

howdy yall i am new posting here but been reading alot and i ust cant figure this out. please help. i have a 2001 mustang cobra 107000 miles my ac isnt working right... ust blows hot air. i have replace the switch on my dryer. had my system vac and leak checked no issues. my compressor cycles as it should was told its my blender box and dispite googling and searching i cant find where is located to check it out i would take it to a pro but i have spent 400 over all this month on repairs and cant afford much more please help!
Old 06-26-2013, 01:00 PM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

I'm wondering if your blend door motor has gone bad. I'm not exactly sure where it is on that car. Probably in e passenger side foot well, down below the dash. There should be a little electric motor down there. Take it loose and see if you can turn the little nub that the motor sits on. Try different positions to see if you get cold air. You may have two different electric motors, one that runs the blend, one that runs the recirc.

I'm not sure that this will help, seems like that cold air would be going somewhere that you could feel it. But I've seen the blend door break, or the motor could be no good.

I may be all wet on the location of this, but that's where it is on most cars.