Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

security event occurred

Old 07-07-2013, 06:18 PM
Freshman4life05
1st Gear Member

Default security event occurred

Hey Guys,

I have been having an issue with my car for the past week or so. It started one night at work. When I went to leave work one night I got in the car and it said security event occurred. My first thought was great someone was messing with my car( this was my first night at this location and it is in a bad part of town), but then it happened the next night, and then on the 4th of july while visiting my dad it happened twice and no one was even close to it. Then last night it went off around 130am in my apartment complex... so needless to say I'm sure I made the neighborhood happy.

Has anyone else had a similar problem? Is there any code that can be pulled to tell me what exactly is setting it off? Can it be done with any of the SCT tuners or any tuner for that matter?

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-07-2013, 07:05 PM
SpartaPerformance
4th Gear Member

Seciruty concerns are in the BCM, you need a code reader than can read BCM codes.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:20 PM
JCON
5th Gear Member

Is this a convertible? Do you have any water leak issues around the SJB or passenger footwell?
Old 07-07-2013, 09:19 PM
Freshman4life05
1st Gear Member

Thanks guys for the quick responses... JCON I am sorry I do not know what the SJB is lol... as for the passenger side over the winter I had an issue with a drain plug under the windshield wipers where it got clogged and the defroster was sucking in water and dumping it in the floor board... It happened one time once I saw it happen I quickly fixed it to avoid any issues... never had any issues after that
Old 07-08-2013, 06:08 AM
JimC

Check the sensor under the hood - passenger side near the shock tower, looks like a plunger. That sensor sees the most weather and will go bad. Once it goes it trips the alarm because it reads the hood open.

When you hit the lock button does your car sound the horn twice? That means it is reading a sensor as open.

The sensor is only about $35 and easy to replace.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:05 AM
Freshman4life05
1st Gear Member

When I click the lock button once it locks my doors and then when I hit it a second time the horn sounds once ... does anyone know if a place like auto zone can pull the code and tell me what sensor is tripping it?
Old 07-08-2013, 07:08 PM
SpartaPerformance
4th Gear Member

SJB = Smart Junction Box
Old 07-08-2013, 09:13 PM
JCON
5th Gear Member

Don't know if they can pull the code but check your floor mats again. We've had a lot of rain on the east coast lately. I think the SJB has related components to the security system. If you have water there, it may cause a trip when shorting.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:15 PM
JimC

Autozone probably can't get the code for you. The dealer couldn't pull the correct code on mine and they were convinced it was the interior sensor and replaced that. Next day - alarm kept going off again just sitting in the parking lot at work. Called them and had them take another look and they decided it had to be the hood sensor - replaced that and no problems after that.

I don't think it is the SJB - the hood sensor is the most likely cause when it goes off like that with no one around and just sitting there. Mine would chirp once at time too - other times I'd get the double chirp so I knew it was already reading an open sensor. Like I said that sensor is only about $35 plus quick and easy to replace and much cheaper than the SJB. Everything you described sounds like that sensor.
Old 11-09-2019, 09:41 AM
Tbaker27

Originally Posted by JimC
Check the sensor under the hood - passenger side near the shock tower, looks like a plunger. That sensor sees the most weather and will go bad. Once it goes it trips the alarm because it reads the hood open.

When you hit the lock button does your car sound the horn twice? That means it is reading a sensor as open.

The sensor is only about $35 and easy to replace.

Im having this exact issue with my mustang. Can you explain exactly where the hood sensor is im having trouble finding it

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: security event occurred