Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

My slow progress. 2013 GT

Old 07-14-2013, 10:01 AM
clucas

Default My slow progress. 2013 GT

This is my slow progress. I figured since I'm new to the forum I would post up my ongoing build. I'm at a bit of a standstill right now due to a torn meniscus. I have all my parts, just can't get out to work on it.

[img]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/20/u2u8yvu9.jpg[/url]

Old 07-14-2013, 10:05 AM
clucas

Amps have been changed to a newer zapco 4 channel and a pioneer 4 channel. Idea of the build is stealth except for trunk.
Old 07-14-2013, 04:05 PM
clucas

Just ran three sets of wires into the driver door, applied some second skin damping, and some CCF while I plastidipped the wheels. Took about 3 hours for everything. The trick with the molex in the door boot is that the molex detaches from the boot and you are then free to run whatever wires you want into the door. I will come back to the door for the speaker install and to hook up the wires. They are zip tied up out of the way right now. Forgot the pictures do the CCF, but I don't think I'll be having any rattling.

You can see in my pics my super special wire running tool. I cut the ends off two 24" zip ties, tape them together, then tape the wires on. The secret really is to lube the wires/boot. I used some garage door lube and it slid right through.

Old 07-15-2013, 12:01 AM
steev
2nd Gear Member

Looks like you're making some great progress there even with the torn meniscus! I tore mine a few years ago during rugby pre season training, didn't really bother me (after a month of trying to recover, where it did hurt) apart from trying to sprint, where the torn cartilage would flip in my knee joint and kind of lock it in place. Anyway, the NHS butcher just took that flap out, rather than the microcut surgery professionals get...

Thank you for those pictures of running through your cable, did you just run it through the boot and then find a way to fit the Molex back in? What did you put in the 8" spaces?
Old 07-15-2013, 10:38 AM
clucas

the molex plug is still connected, i actually never unplugged the two sides. I just detached the plug to the piece that is attached to the door boot. I then just shoved the molex down inside the kickpanel area where i ran the speaker wires through.

the 8" holes will be filled with some Peerless 8" woofers to handle from about 1000 hz down to about 50 hz...that's the plan anyway. Those will be used in conjunction with the 3" and 1" from the Hertz three way set up.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:30 PM
clucas

Got motivated and did the passenger door tonight. Wire ran through the boot in about 20 minutes. I got it all damped, and the CCF put on. I still have to do the speakers. Those will probably be last after the amps are wired, installed and hooked up. That way I still have music. Here's my progress for tonight along with a test fit of the 8" in the door. They fit perfectly, just need to work on a grill.
Old 07-20-2013, 06:40 AM
Shikobasmith

Well.. if you have problems with your 2013 GT then you should make it check. Visit to your nearest mechanic and try to get it check.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:52 AM
clucas

Originally Posted by Shikobasmith
Well.. if you have problems with your 2013 GT then you should make it check. Visit to your nearest mechanic and try to get it check.
Not so sure any mechanic is going to help me with the awful factory system.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:11 PM
clucas

Lightbulb

So, I got a little motivated tonight. I was going to do some work this weekend, but it was the first weekend for college football so no work got done. I've got some photos,

Got some minor things done. Removed the rear speakers, put some damping on the rear deck (butyl, CCF, and mlv). Also got some new speakers for the front. Will now have some ID mini horns on the front stage with the peerless 8". Also got some L brackets made to hold the new Zapco amp.

I've got some CCF on the bottom of the wood filler plates to help decouple them from the body. The L brackets will probably be mounted to the wood pieces to prevent any additional holes in the body. They are mounted into the factory speaker holes using the factory screws.

Next up is to mount the amps, run the wiring, then mount the horns.

I think to retain the factory Bluetooth without getting any echo I will be using the rear speakers as the input to the alpine H660 and fade the sound all the way to the rear. Then I will leave the front factory 5x7 hooked up to the radio. That way when I use the Bluetooth calling I'm still using the factory setup and the aftermarket system will automatically be muted.

Old 09-27-2013, 11:44 AM
Stang-Nator

Why are you running free-air subs in the back? You have no tuning, and that is going to sound like poop without putting those in a proper box. Your trunk isn't a box lol.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My slow progress. 2013 GT