Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 Auto Transmission Shift Cable

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 10:03 PM
kennyw

Default 2013 Auto Transmission Shift Cable

Friday night I picked up my 2013 Mustang with 25K miles from the dealer after replacing a faulty wiper motor and leaking axle pinion seal under warranty. Half way home I stopped to take care of my horses and lost the automatic transmission shift cable. It popped off of the side of the shifter. Since I was close to home and it is still under warranty I just had it towed back to the dealership.

The cable popped back on and they couldn't get it to come loose again, but they ordered a replacement cable anyway to be safe. They are currently back ordered for 6 weeks though. I can't wait for the warranty to be up so I don't feel like I need to send it to the dealer to save money... it certainly doesn't save me any time.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:56 PM
Andy13186
4th Gear Member

I love getting things fixed under warranty. So far ive had my seat motor, and a few bulbs.. had no interest in doing those myself or putting aftermarket on, was very thankful for the warranty.
Old 08-01-2013, 12:07 AM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

Hey nice to see another Washington mustang. If your close to Sound Ford in Renton. They are really great dealership very quick to take care of their customers. That is if your around the Seattle area.
Old 08-01-2013, 12:34 AM
kennyw

I have yet to see another GHIG on the road... I live East of Monroe so Bickford is the most convenient one to go to. So far no issues with their service.

Old 08-01-2013, 07:36 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by kennyw
Friday night I picked up my 2013 Mustang with 25K miles from the dealer after replacing a faulty wiper motor and leaking axle pinion seal under warranty. Half way home I stopped to take care of my horses and lost the automatic transmission shift cable. It popped off of the side of the shifter. Since I was close to home and it is still under warranty I just had it towed back to the dealership.

The cable popped back on and they couldn't get it to come loose again, but they ordered a replacement cable anyway to be safe. They are currently back ordered for 6 weeks though. I can't wait for the warranty to be up so I don't feel like I need to send it to the dealer to save money... it certainly doesn't save me any time.
Hello kennyw,

I’d like to get this escalated to the customer service manager for your area. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, full name, mileage, and best daytime number so I can help.

Deysha
Old 08-01-2013, 10:03 AM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

I have not seen your car before but one of my other friends in Mustangs Northwest has seen your car before. I have only ran into 2 other GHIG mustangs another 5.0 which I run into at almost every car show and a V6 GHIG that I have seen once at Griots Garage in Tacoma. If your interested stop by one of the Mustang Northwest meetings sometime.

We meet the second Friday of every month at:
North Seattle Community College
9600 College Way North Seattle, WA 98103
www.mustangsnorthwest.com
Old 08-01-2013, 11:36 AM
kennyw

Originally Posted by FordService
Hello kennyw,

I’d like to get this escalated to the customer service manager for your area. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, full name, mileage, and best daytime number so I can help.

Deysha
Thanks Deysha, but my dealer has it covered. They ordered the part with a priority that gets it sent directly to the dealer from the manufacturer. My car made it over a year and 25K miles before it became an issue. I should be able to go a few more weeks without issue.

I was more frustrated with the car breaking down over a weekend and not being able to drive it for a few days.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:37 AM
kennyw

Originally Posted by DocSnickers
We meet the second Friday of every month at:
North Seattle Community College
9600 College Way North Seattle, WA 98103
www.mustangsnorthwest.com
I will add that to my calendar. I am currently taking classes at the UW. So, I am down there anyway. What time do they meet?
Old 08-02-2013, 07:26 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Thanks Deysha, but my dealer has it covered. They ordered the part with a priority that gets it sent directly to the dealer from the manufacturer. My car made it over a year and 25K miles before it became an issue. I should be able to go a few more weeks without issue.

I was more frustrated with the car breaking down over a weekend and not being able to drive it for a few days.
No problem, kennyw. Thank you for the update!

Deysha
Old 08-02-2013, 11:03 AM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

I will add that to my calendar. I am currently taking classes at the UW. So, I am down there anyway. What time do they meet?
Starts at 7:30pm but everyone normally shows up around 7 to talk shop before things get going.