Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

What swayed you & Which Exhaust Choice Did Ya Make for the 3.7 L'il Animal

Old 08-30-2013, 04:19 PM
OlPal
2nd Gear Member

Default What swayed you & Which Exhaust Choice Did Ya Make for the 3.7 L'il Animal

So far I've got it narrowed down the Magnaflow Street & FRPP Sport exhausts.

These 3.7's are strong little monkeys.

This video took me by storm, it's a gotta watch !

100+ MPH at 6:15, 6:55, and 9:00. That's where I open the car up and you can hear the exhaust really good! At 9:00 I start in second gear and chirp the tires going into 3rd. Damn good for a V6! I tell you the points of where I open the car up because a lot of the video is at cruising speeds and some might get bored. I wanted to get a wide range of speeds and RPM's to show the entire spectrum of sounds from the cabin. This video is shot entirely in the cab of the car.

The Exhaust is the MagnaFlow 15596 Muffler delete axle back straight pipes. Its is a deep throaty sound and I love these exhausts. I will post a video of outside the car later and than I will combine an outside shot with a cut version of the cab sound. More to come!

This a good short clip of Magnaflow Street

FRPP has good sound also;

I've listened to dozens of other video's , these are just a few of my favorites.
Also I won't be going with a CAI, i'm not a racer & Ford Racing Tech's say the stock cold air box was engineered for performance & is also used on GT's, they also say that K&N replacement filter Flows 22% better, so i'll be doing that 1 real soon.
I've been switching over to K&N oil & Air filters on my Ram 1500 & Husqy YTH24K48 Mower anyway. Also going to use Pennzoil Platinum Syn oil !

Old 08-30-2013, 04:49 PM
JayBeStangs94
3rd Gear Member

I just picked up some roush axleback exhausts a few weeks ago. They're great. I wasn't expecting but theyre loud AF. After starting it and letting it idle, the idle sounds awesome. Theres just this low bass tone to them.. They get a little raspy around 35k but they're awesome. I may consider resonators to lighten up the rasp and give it a more throaty tone.

Not a fan of magnaflows, my dad has them on his gt and they are okay. Not anything special though. My opinion is it could definitely sound better.

Those ford racing's sound great. Haven't heard them in person but they're probably somewhat similar to the roush exhaust (since it's a ford bi product)
Good luck.

Check out Dillons sixxer with roush axlebacks and glasspack resonators. The comp speakers don't do it justice for being in person. Still sounds awesome tho.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:00 PM
Siber Express
3rd Gear Member

BBK Short tube headers, FRPP Cut and clamp X-Pipe and Borla Touring A/B
I did not want real loud but you can hear it coming
Old 08-30-2013, 10:09 PM
OlPal
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Siber Express
BBK Short tube headers, FRPP Cut and clamp X-Pipe and Borla Touring A/B
Borla 002 - YouTube
I did not want real loud but you can hear it coming

Siber nice ride, Borla was my #3 choice with the Rousch @ #4
Liked the Borla sound.

JayBee that was 1 of the videos that I watched more than once !
Super Nice Ride
Didn't like the cracking, popping & sound of the Rousch...

Old 08-31-2013, 12:40 PM
vegas_
1st Gear Member

I'm looking at the MagnaFlow Cat Backs, Street vs Performance series.
15153 vs 15154 The difference is the muffler size, otherwise the same, same price.
This is for my 2013 V6
I'm guessing the Performance series will be much louder and possibly not legal (in Nevada)
Any opinions? Or other suggestions?
Old 09-01-2013, 09:29 AM
Chazman_1962
2nd Gear Member

I wanted LOUD and I'm extremly loud, Borla LT headers, Borla off road x-pipe, Borls ATAk's axel backs, you can drive the car quietly sort of but when you hammer on it, it will wake the dead.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:27 AM
OlPal
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by vegas_
I'm looking at the MagnaFlow Cat Backs, Street vs Performance series.
15153 vs 15154 The difference is the muffler size, otherwise the same, same price.
This is for my 2013 V6
I'm guessing the Performance series will be much louder and possibly not legal (in Nevada)
Any opinions? Or other suggestions?

I would be very interested in hearing how they sound & how you feel about the sound & install !
I'm leaning more towards the Streets myself.
I think they're the 15153

ps; was informed the 15153 was only listed for the 2013 , not our 2014 /// What the heck ???

Last edited by OlPal; 09-06-2013 at 02:29 AM.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:54 PM
Siber Express
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by OlPal
I would be very interested in hearing how they sound & how you feel about the sound & install !
I'm leaning more towards the Streets myself.
I think they're the 15153

ps; was informed the 15153 was only listed for the 2013 , not our 2014 /// What the heck ???
The 14 is the same, probably have not updated the site yet. My Borla's were not listed for the 2013 at Autoanything, so i bought them for the 12, and they fit fine.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:19 AM
OlPal
2nd Gear Member

Well I went ahead & had a Magnaflow put on my Ram, so i'll have to wait until spring to put a Cat-Back Magnaflow on our 'Stang..
Old 12-20-2013, 08:26 PM
StangDawg

Talking Just pulled the trigger on some Borla Stingers!

Was debating between the borla touring and the s-types. Found the stingers at autoanything.com for $577 and called American Muscle and they matched the price and shipped out about an hour after I ordered them. Went with the free shipping so I should see them by 12/31/13:banana:

Man, I can't friggin wait to bolt them on. They should sound great with my Airaid CAI, whoo-hoo!

Got the Borlas for the quality, reputation, sound and found a price I couldn't refuse.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What swayed you & Which Exhaust Choice Did Ya Make for the 3.7 L'il Animal