Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

WARNING!!! BANGASTANG WARNING!!!

Old 08-07-2013, 06:34 PM
Coachmoe

Default WARNING!!! BANGASTANG WARNING!!!

Ok, here's my story.

Ordered a radiator cover on March 21, 2013. Spoke to Hendrix before ordering it. He said I should have it in about 6 weeks. Credit card charged on March 22.

6 weeks later, no cover. 4 emails later, I get a reply that Hendricks is away attending to a family emergency. Cover to ship the next week, week of June 10. No cover shipped during that week.

Another email and I finally got Hendricks to call me on July 1. Said he'd been away and he was trying to get old orders cleaned up. He PROMISED ME I'd get my cover. He said he get back to me and I last spoke to him on July 9. Said He call me on the 10th. He never did.

I sent more emails, made more phone calls and never got a response.

I filed a complaint with San Diego BBB, nothing happened. I filed a SECOND complaint asking for a refund. NOTHING!

Finally, I talked to my credit card company explained the situation and ultimately got a refund. Still have not heard back from Hendricks.

During the time this ordeal was going on, Bangastang kept posting products on Facebook with links to order. They kept posting about projects they had going on. If they had time to post on FB, why couldn't they get my order completed and shipped?

Some of you are wondering why did I wait so long? That's simple. Their covers are AWESOME. Eventually, I said to heck with it and fortunately I got a refund.

When dealing with Bangastang, BUYER BEWARE!!! They are a LOUSY company to deal with, they have NO INTEGRITY WHATSOEVER!!! Customer service is a joke, Absolutely the worst company I have EVER DEALT WITH!!!

I plan on posting this on as many forums as I possibly can, as well as Facebook.
Hopefully I can save SOMEBODY some aggravation.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:50 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

I've dealt with them before, customer service is near non-existant and there is really no follow up, but I did eventually receive my stuff.
There was an issue/question I had on something and I couldn't get through on the phone and email, got an email or phone response about a week later but had figured it out/moved on by then.
Not the greatest company to deal with, but not a scam artist either.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:52 AM
Coachmoe

Follow up. About an hour after I made my posts, I got a call from the owner of Bangastang. He apologized for not getting the cover to me . Told me about having to move his location, painter not being " certified" etc. Still not buying the story. When you get TWO complaints from the BBB and you don't respond to either one, that speaks volumes. I thinks it's interesting that I got a call from him right after making my posts. Coincidence???

Seems like it's just one excuse after another.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:12 PM
02GTowner
1st Gear Member

You are probably right coachmoe. Too much of a coincidence. Well you are getting the word out so that is what counts. I won't be ordering from them. Thanks
Old 08-08-2013, 02:34 PM
Ditty
2nd Gear Member

Another SanDiego Company to stay away from is ARD. They were once located in Chula Vista years ago. TOTAL waste of money and time. It took them 10 months to rebuild my 4 banger back in the day, and didn't even finish it....I had to. Another BBB didn't work either.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:42 PM
Coachmoe

Originally Posted by 02GTowner
You are probably right coachmoe. Too much of a coincidence. Well you are getting the word out so that is what counts. I won't be ordering from them. Thanks

You're welcome!

Got an email from them the other other day. Filled with more excuses. Only time will tell.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:10 PM
UsmcMustang
1st Gear Member

their products look nice , but they seem very over priced to me
Old 10-18-2013, 03:43 PM
jpplaw
3rd Gear Member

Took almost 4 months to get my Bangastang cover. Looks nice but it doesn't fit all that great. The front horns rub against the bottom of the hood and the front lip is warping (curling up) after about a year
Old 10-19-2013, 08:32 PM
runstang22
1st Gear Member

Your state governors office or department of State should have a consumer affairs department. Issue a complaint with them. Also go after their license to practice business in that state, if they have ASE certified mechanics issue a complaint with ASE. Also, call the credit card company have them refund your money. I have done this on many occasions to light the fire under peoples feet and get them to do that which was promised.