California Regional Chapter Chapter President: Matt's 95 Stang

50th Anniversary of the Mustang - Las Vegas April, 14, 2014 thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 09:40 AM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Default 50th Anniversary of the Mustang - Las Vegas April, 14, 2014 thread

This thread is to see who might be interested in going to the 50th Anniverary of the Mustang hosted by Ford next year. There will be two major parties, One event will take place on the East coast at Charlotte Motor Speedway in Concord, North Carolina. The West coast event will take place at Las Vegas Motor Speedway in Las Vegas, Nevada. The event dates are Wednesday April 16, 2014 through Sunday April 20, 2014

I am going to the Las Vegas get together and and would love some other members to join me in a drive out there.

Heres the 411:
Today the folks at the Mustang Club of America revealed details about the upcoming 50th Mustang Birthday Celebration which will take place on April 17, 2014. In an effort to make it easier for Mustang enthusiasts to attend from places all around, the club will host two events that will run during the same 50th Anniversary weekend. One event will take place on the East coast at Charlotte Motor Speedway in Concord, North Carolina. The West coast event will take place at Las Vegas Motor Speedway in Las Vegas, Nevada. The event dates are Wednesday April 16, 2014 through Sunday April 20, 2014.

The club notes you do not need to own a Ford Mustang to attend, and you do not have to be a club member. That said, as a member of the Mustang Club of American, I think it’s a great place to meet other enthusiasts. If you’ve ever thought about joining up, I strongly encourage you to do so!

In addition to the two events, the Mustang Club of America will also host several “Pony Trails”, all leading to one of the two events. A “Pony Trail” is a group road trip to the show.

More details will be posted shortly at the club’s official website, Mustang.Org. You can watch a video of the announcement here. I don’t know about you, but I’m pretty excited about all this. I’m ready to start planning the trip and requesting those days off from work. See you in April 2014!

Update from the National Mustang team working on the 50th

4/18/13
Kathy,
Great to hear from you! We look forward to working with your group during this next year and during the Mustang 50th Birthday Celebration itself. To answer your question, we are planning to have something for everybody in the entire United States to be able to attend. One of the things that the Ford Motor Company asked us was how we were going to make it possible for as many Mustang enthusiasts as possible to be a part of the 50th. So, we came up with the following.
1.Pony Drives from several points to arrive at the same location in the center of the United States for a “Mustang 50th Kick Off Party” the weekend before April 17th, 2014. This would allow all of the Mustang enthusiasts in the center of the United States to be within a reasonable distance of the celebration. Therefore, the “Mustang 50th Kick Off Party” will be held in Norman, Oklahoma on Friday, April 11th and Saturday, April 12th, 2014. Norman is just a few miles from Mustang, Oklahoma which is where a lot of Mustang shows have been held in the past.
2.The “Mustang Kick Off Party” will end on Saturday night and on the morning of Sunday, April 13th, two Pony Drives will leave Norman, Oklahoma in opposite directions. One towards Charlotte, North Carolina and the Charlotte Motor Speedway and the other towards Las Vegas, Nevada and the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. There, the actual Mustang 50th Birthday Celebration will take place simultaneously from Wednesday, April 15th through Sunday, April 20th, 2014. This will give Mustang enthusiasts from both the east and the west the opportunity to attend the Mustang 50th Birthday Celebration at the location of their choice.
At this time there are no links to share as we are still a few days away from launching the official Mustang 50th Birthday Celebration website.
Kathy, I know that having this many parts to the Mustang 50th makes it hard on organizations like yours. I’ve had conversations with others from your group who have really chastised me, or us as it was not my sole decision to have two shows, for splitting the 50th. What they didn’t understand was the real reason that we split the 50th. You see, all of the other Mustang anniversary shows had been held on the east coast; the 30th and 35 at Charlotte, the 40th at Nashville and the 45th at Birmingham. After every show, the biggest complaint we heard was that the west had to travel to the east which made it impossible for many in the west to attend. This resulted in a lot of pressure to hold the Mustang 50th on the west coast.
The closer we got, the more it was evident that it was more than “just possible” that a single show would have been held on the west coast. Enthusiasts, vendors, clubs and manufactures from the west made their feeling known. Having a west coast 50th would have left all on the east coast without a show and forced them to either come west or not to come at all. So, by having the two shows, we insured a east coast show as well as given more people the opportunity to attend the Mustang 50th Birthday Celebration. When you look at the Mustang Kick Off Party in Oklahoma, we have also made it possible for those in the center of the United States to come join us. I hope this can be understood by your group and appreciated as the best way to include as many Mustang enthusiasts as possible in the Mustang 50th.
Now, on to how we can help you and the 64 Original Owners group. I’m including Steve Hall and Steve Prewitt on this e-mail. Steve Hall is the Assistant Director and is doing the layout and parking for the events. He will need to know about any large groups that are planning to attend. Steve Prewitt is the current Mustang Club of America President and is also in charge of the MORE Program for the Mustang 50th Birthday Celebration. MORE stands for “Mustang Organizations Rallying Enthusiasts” which is exactly what we want to see happen. We want you and all of the other 1964 Original Owners to rally your entire organization to be at, and to be involved in, the Mustang 50th Birthday Celebration!

So that we can best work with you and your organization during this next year, my we ask a few questions?
1.Who will be the main contact for the group? (We assume it’s you from your e-mail)
2.How many will be in your organization?
3.Which locations will your organization attend? (Let us know how many at each. Norman, Charlotte, Las Vegas)
4.Will you all be wanting to park together?
5.Will you all be arriving together?
6.Will you all be leaving together?
7.Will you be wanting to leave you Mustangs parked during the entire event or will you be wanting to drive them during the event?
8.Will you have any signage that you will want to display promoting your organization?
9.If available, would your organization like to be parked indoors or under a tent? (an additional charge may be required)
10.Are there any special needs your organigation will need?
11.Would you like to provide a profile with pictures and written content of your organization and it’s history for the official Mustang 50th website?
12.Do you plan to offer anything for sale from your organization during the Mustang 50th Birthday Celebration?
13.Would your organization like to have any official Mustang 50th apparel or accessories made for your members use or to sell? (Remember, all Mustang 50th merchandise must be approved by Ford Motor Company and be produced by a Mustang 50th approved and licensed vendor)
14.Will you be wanting to provide any handouts for the goodie bags promoting your organization?
15.Is there anything else we should be aware of about your organigation?
The answers to these questions will help familiarize us with your organigation so we can work with you to make your Mustang 50th Birthday Celebration as memorable as possible. As more information is available, you can find it on the official website.
We’re still a couple of weeks away from launching the 50th. In all honesty, an event of this size always brings on more problems to solve then you can plan for. Solving one problem always seems to create two others and we’re just getting to where we’re solving problems and not creating more. At this time, all public information on the Mustang 50th Birthday Celebration is released on the Mustang Club of America website at www.mustang.org . We will soon be launching the official Mustang 50th site at www.mustang50thbirthdaycelebration.com . Be sure to check out these websites for all of the current Mustang 50th information.
Kathy, I wish we had a little more to report right now but we just don’t. What we have to ask is that you, and the rest of the 64 Original Owners, remain patient and in just a couple of weeks, we will be able to answer all of your questions. Please feel free to contact me or Steve Prewitt with any questions you have. See you soon!
Kindest Regards,
Ron Bramlett
Executive Director
Mustang 50th Birthday Celebration
(209) 471-2383 cell
__________________________________________________ ______________

Lets get a whole train of Stangs driving out to Vegas next year.

Matthew
Old 08-04-2013, 05:30 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

sounds like fun
Old 08-17-2013, 07:07 PM
joez3

Besides the open track what else will there be to do?
Old 08-18-2013, 08:06 AM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

I am not sure yet. I will look into it. I havent found to much info yet.

Matthew
Old 10-15-2013, 12:43 PM
darthorse

Smile

LOVE IT!! We are trying to get a pony ride going from Montana to LV for this also!
Any input, suggestions are welcome!
Can't wait
Old 10-15-2013, 01:07 PM
Impact 5.0
2nd Gear Member

We are going.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:05 PM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

I know fo' sho I'm going. Wife might go, dad might go driving my '85 Fox. Love to drive outa all together if we could!

Matthew
Old 10-22-2013, 01:23 PM
Impact 5.0
2nd Gear Member

We swapped our time share for this event so we will be heading out Monday. Gives us a few days before the strip gets raided.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:56 AM
yellowneck86
2nd Gear Member

Trying to see if i can scramble the funds and the time off. Looking at staying at the Luxor for the 4 days.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:48 AM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

If anyone wants to put together a trip for this be my guest. I am not really a event planner type of guy so I will leave it to whomever has that special talent that I lack.

Matthew

Quick Reply: 50th Anniversary of the Mustang - Las Vegas April, 14, 2014 thread