Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Fall 2K13 Mods

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 01:14 AM
Topless Stang
2nd Gear Member

Default Fall 2K13 Mods

I'm just about ready to begin installing the second phase of exterior mods for my car. This thread will serve as my main source of advise from the good folks here and also a location to upload pics at various stages. I'm hoping to finish up by working a few hours on Saturday and sunday this week. I'll be installing a Cervinis 1187 hood, hood locks, hood struts, c-series front bumper, Smoked corner lenses, smoked side markers, Takeoff GT Headlight switch, Raxiom fog light wiring harness, Raxiom 2010 style smoked tail lights and Raxiom Smoked projector headlamps. I am also installing DDM Slim Ballast HID kits for low, high and fog lights. I should have all of my parts in by Thursday afternoon, but I won't start my install until Saturday afternoon.

So far the only thing I've done is mod the Raxiom headlamps and installed the 35 Watt bulbs from DDM Tuning.

STOCK
Name:  null_zps5e10ad58.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  110.6 KB

Name:  null_zps6ff2b948.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  125.6 KB

Drilled holes for passing the DDM HID Bulb wiring
Name:  null_zpsf78a3e74.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  113.7 KB

I placed sealant on the inside of the housing to make sure nothing got in via the newly drilled holes
Name:  null_zps5a4072b1.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  118.6 KB

Headlamp reassembled and wiring pulled through (The caulk dries clear)
Name:  null_zpsac034c39.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  132.4 KB

At least now all I have to do is secure the ballasts inside the vehicle and install the lights normally. This will hopefully speed up my install time. I also wanted to put this out there for anyone else that wants to install HIDs into this housing since I couldn't find any pics or anything else online. I will post more pics as I complete more of the install/any prep work.

Also, I really want to buy & install the side exhaust kit from Cervinis this coming spring to complete the look. I planned on doing that around april when I get the GT500 rear bumper I have painted and installed. I wanted some feedback from people that have the side exhaust kit installed. How bad is it for lowered cars? I have Koni Yellows and Vogtland lowering springs so I'm not at stock height. If those side skirts are so problematic are there any others that you guys can recommend that will go with the C-Series front / GT500 rear? Thanks!
Old 11-09-2013, 07:04 AM
Topless Stang
2nd Gear Member

Besides a yet to be resolved HID issue I finally finished a few days ago. The HID issue should be corrected when I get the new HID accessory harnesses and error correction adapters next week. So far I only managed to take a pic in my parking lot, but there will be more to come!

Name:  null_zps30e9edc3.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  154.4 KB
Old 11-12-2013, 07:20 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Be sure to get the Cervinis hood struts, the aftermarket ones that can hold the stock hood can't hold the fiberglass!
Old 11-12-2013, 10:10 AM
Topless Stang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2005Redfire6
Be sure to get the Cervinis hood struts, the aftermarket ones that can hold the stock hood can't hold the fiberglass!
I installed those at the same time I installed the hood. The install was fairly easy, the only issue I had was I snapped two bolt heads off on the passenger side. I was able to drill the first one out and reuse the hole, but I wasn't so successful the second time. The second time. Drilled a hole and use a self tapping screw. It didn't snap off and hold better than the factory bolt ever did on the side.

Name:  null_zps30fdd33e.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  144.9 KB

Last edited by Topless Stang; 11-12-2013 at 10:15 AM.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:52 AM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

It's looking really nice, op. Time to get some more pics.

With the side exhaust I would worry about it looking bad with having no exhaust tips coming out of the back with the GT500 rear. I'm doing that now and it looks really incomplete. If you do side exhaust I would try to get a bumper with no exhaust cut outs.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:52 AM
Topless Stang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tanner05
It's looking really nice, op. Time to get some more pics.

With the side exhaust I would worry about it looking bad with having no exhaust tips coming out of the back with the GT500 rear. I'm doing that now and it looks really incomplete. If you do side exhaust I would try to get a bumper with no exhaust cut outs.
Thanks Tanner! I'm not going to do side exhaust since my car is already lowered and there have been reports of issues with that kit at stock heights. I plan to keep it in the family though and get the Stalker side skirts made by Cervinis. I bought that GT500 rear a couple years ago because I was originally going to just do the GT500 body upgrade. While I chose to go a different way still love that rear end and will still be installing it as soon as I get it painted this coming spring.