The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

Your favorite race from last year?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 02:14 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Default Your favorite race from last year?

Well it's a new year, and as everyone knows the SS section gets pretty damn slow during these winter months(speaking of winter, we're saposed to get 6-16" dumped on us up here by this time tomorrow).

Anyways, curious what everyones favorite race/run was last year. what was it against and who took the W?

Mine would have to be the numerous races with MRTstang. All very close, got closer and closer as the season went on and he modded his car/figured out his new setup. Cant wait to see what we can do next season as I should be adding about 30-50whp and he's talking about making a few changes. Here's the vids of all our races, starting with meeting up in the spring and working down.

Old 01-04-2014, 05:06 PM
Explosive

I raced a GTR my last time out, that was cool

Last edited by Explosive; 01-04-2014 at 05:23 PM.
Old 01-04-2014, 06:07 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Explosive
I raced a GTR my last time out, that was cool
How'd you do? I'd love to line up against a stock one.
Old 01-04-2014, 06:29 PM
Explosive

There was a pair of them there, don't think either was stock. Obviously it blew my doors off. The guy was holding up staging lanes waiting for a car he wanted to run and appeared to pick me ( also later picked by some ridiculous turbo civic with a bull horn lol)

2013 was a wash for me as far as racing goes, didnt do as much as usual was making changes to the car and was the first year I didnt beat any personal records. I expect 2014 to be a good one as I wrap up my car this spring.

My gopro died in the lanes so no video but I think pass #4 was the GTR, I cant think of anything else I ran that night that would have 60'ed that way.

Name:  0104141913_zpstdoey90w.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  61.9 KB
Old 01-04-2014, 08:53 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Jesus maybe I dont want to race one lol. I've seen a few on the street since I've been living down here but never any at Milan.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:16 PM
Explosive

Lol i felt like i was driving away from it in reverse it was nuts. I took it off the line then bam its gone. Sucks my nitrous wasnt hitting until i had already cleared the 60' hopefully with gears i can change that. Im excited for 2014 thats for sure.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:52 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Explosive
Lol i felt like i was driving away from it in reverse it was nuts. I took it off the line then bam its gone. Sucks my nitrous wasnt hitting until i had already cleared the 60' hopefully with gears i can change that. Im excited for 2014 thats for sure.
You and me both!
Old 01-05-2014, 07:04 AM
97tplsGT
4th Gear Member

I will definitely have to say that my favorite of the year was against the boy in the S2 Neon. He talked SO much ****, just to lose. Then he tries to run back to the spot and say he outran me, forgetting I had the gopro mounted, lol. Best part of the whole gig, he sold the car the VERY next day.

Old 01-05-2014, 09:09 AM
MaxxRPM
1st Gear Member

Nice races!................
97, you and that Neon looked pretty close in some of them races....

My favorite was with an 04 GTO. We paced each other for a couple miles before we finally got lined up at a stoplight. Looked over at one another and gave the nod (it's on!).......Green light Go and by the time I'm in third I have a car (maybe 2) on him and stayed in it long enough to make sure he wasn't going to pull me up top............
.........I've ran side by side with a couple LS1 F-bodies before but this Goat is the only "wuan" I can say I beat..........
......At the next light the driver did confirmed the Goat was completely stock.........But hey, it was still my win............
Old 01-05-2014, 09:41 AM
Explosive

I guess, this was my favorite. My buddies camaro, I leave slow on the 3rd honk when racing friends as most arent too quick on that. Second run he says he felt he jumped me but eh. We can never find a definite winner its always a back and forth thing between our cars. At this time all I had was Catback, drag radials and a canned tune and cold air intake. He had cold air intake, full exhaust, long tubes and all ( this was prior to his switch to magnaflow thus the horrible sound) and I believe he still hadnt gotten his pcm by frost at this point.

Ps. first run was to 120 second run we agreed to let off at 100

Last edited by Explosive; 01-05-2014 at 09:46 AM.

Quick Reply: Your favorite race from last year?