Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Is there anywhere besides American Muscle that I can buy a Raxiom Navigation System?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 09:10 PM
lotsologan

Default Is there anywhere besides American Muscle that I can buy a Raxiom Navigation System?

Everytime i go on americanmuscle.com the damned thing is sold out and I can't find it for sale anywhere else on the internet. So my question is if i can find an OE style raxiom navigation system anywhere besides americanmuscle.com. If there are any other OE style sync compatible navigation systems that can i can install id be willing to take suggestions!
Old 01-01-2014, 11:03 AM
steel pony
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by lotsologan
Everytime i go on americanmuscle.com the damned thing is sold out and I can't find it for sale anywhere else on the internet. So my question is if i can find an OE style raxiom navigation system anywhere besides americanmuscle.com. If there are any other OE style sync compatible navigation systems that can i can install id be willing to take suggestions!
Probably not, because this is likely an "exclusive product" by Raxiom for AM.
The biggest part of purchasing an aftermarket head unit (of any type), will be the installation and how well the unit retains an OEM look and feel.

IMO, the Raxiom unit is a complete waste of $$$
1) $700 for a GPS only mounted head unit, that retains SYNC is overkill! You could buy a Garmin for $120 and still retain everything as is. Chances are for the amount of times you'd actually be using or looking at it, does not justify $700

2) The NAV software (iGO Primo), seems to be a 3rd party offshoot with phone apps, which makes sense for this type of product, since Raxiom isn't rebranding a Garmin, TomTom or other well known GPS. They had to search elsewhere for someone to develop and implement the software into the system. (Note: i have not tested or used iGo Primo, this is merely an observation)

3) Installation states that the included bezel re-positions factory controls and the CD slot. I'm sure they have done their testing, but all it takes is to be slightly off on the install and you're chasing problems. The OEM faceplate does come off as one piece, so i'm curious if this "re-positioning" also includes moving the OEM head unit and/or support brackets...just a thought.

OK, now that the rant is over...if you want to waste $700 on a "GPS Only-but i retain factory SNYC options" head unit, that is your business. I did a little searching and for the price, Kenwood makes and incredible stereo-A/V head unit with built-in Garmin GPS and an adapter that integrates all of the SNYC and factory controls (even from the steering wheel).
Yes this will likely run you over $1000 for the head unit and the adapter, but i'd rather spend an extra $300 or so to have something that is fully integrated vs. a one trick pony device. Comparing the 2, you get so much more for your extra money, it outweighs the $700 price tag on that Raxiom unit.

Best of luck with your search

Here are a few links:
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113DNX6...-DNX690HD.html

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_794ADSM...r.html?tp=3486
Old 01-01-2014, 01:33 PM
lotsologan

Originally Posted by steel pony
Probably not, because this is likely an "exclusive product" by Raxiom for AM.
The biggest part of purchasing an aftermarket head unit (of any type), will be the installation and how well the unit retains an OEM look and feel.

IMO, the Raxiom unit is a complete waste of $$$
1) $700 for a GPS only mounted head unit, that retains SYNC is overkill! You could buy a Garmin for $120 and still retain everything as is. Chances are for the amount of times you'd actually be using or looking at it, does not justify $700

2) The NAV software (iGO Primo), seems to be a 3rd party offshoot with phone apps, which makes sense for this type of product, since Raxiom isn't rebranding a Garmin, TomTom or other well known GPS. They had to search elsewhere for someone to develop and implement the software into the system. (Note: i have not tested or used iGo Primo, this is merely an observation)

3) Installation states that the included bezel re-positions factory controls and the CD slot. I'm sure they have done their testing, but all it takes is to be slightly off on the install and you're chasing problems. The OEM faceplate does come off as one piece, so i'm curious if this "re-positioning" also includes moving the OEM head unit and/or support brackets...just a thought.

OK, now that the rant is over...if you want to waste $700 on a "GPS Only-but i retain factory SNYC options" head unit, that is your business. I did a little searching and for the price, Kenwood makes and incredible stereo-A/V head unit with built-in Garmin GPS and an adapter that integrates all of the SNYC and factory controls (even from the steering wheel).
Yes this will likely run you over $1000 for the head unit and the adapter, but i'd rather spend an extra $300 or so to have something that is fully integrated vs. a one trick pony device. Comparing the 2, you get so much more for your extra money, it outweighs the $700 price tag on that Raxiom unit.

Best of luck with your search

Here are a few links:
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113DNX6...-DNX690HD.html

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_794ADSM...r.html?tp=3486
That kenwood device looks amazing! Id be more than willing to invest a few hundred dollars more for a much better product. My only question that remains is will the kenwood be able to be installed so that it blends seamlessly with the rest of my car? In other words I don't want it to be super obvious that it was an afterthought.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:26 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

You won't be able to find the Raxiom Navigation system anywhere else, as it is exclusive to us. I'm sorry that the device is out of stock again we had no idea that these were going to move off of the shelf so quickly! We should have them back in stock within the next month or so and we will have some inventory this time.

I have personal experience with this Navigation System, I run it in my 2011 GT! I have absolutely no complaints. I wanted a Touch Screen Navigation system that had blue tooth, GPS and a back up camera. All while still obtaining the factory look! That's exactly what you get with the Raxiom Nav. Installation is plug and play and fit/finish is perfect!

I wish I could get them here quicker for you but it's out of my hands at this time! I'll be sure to let you know the second that these get back in stock.

-Dan

Last edited by AMDanBailer; 01-02-2014 at 09:29 AM.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:31 AM
Nstaley

To be honest, I think this is a great deal. 700 dollars for a back-up, touch screen navi, and it's Bluetooth. The back-up camera alone for the mirror is 659.99 and that only gets you the view of the camera. This also gets you the touch screen navi and Bluetooth.
Old 01-08-2014, 04:06 PM
Moronix
1st Gear Member

Cool

Let's be honest here. The Raxiom unit is really a Rosen unit. If not, please post the differences here. I purchased the Rosen unit for $100 less than AM is selling the Raxiom for. Now that I have it I'm not sure I would recommend it. It looks great and fits nicely into the dash to look like factory. In my opinion the map database is out of date (As much as 5 years for my area) and the Rosen unit does NOT come with any free map updates. The installation is not really complicated and the GPS antenna can actually be installed inside the dash completely out of sight and works great. The hardest part is probably installing the wires to the backup camera. You will need some special tools ($10 on Ebay) to remove the original equipment from the console and dash. Your original cell phone connected to Sync will still be there when you power up the new unit but you will have fun trying to figure out how to connect a new phone to Sync because the display is not the same as before. It can be done though.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:06 AM
12V Guy
Former Sponsor

That kenwood device looks amazing! Id be more than willing to invest a few hundred dollars more for a much better product. My only question that remains is will the kenwood be able to be installed so that it blends seamlessly with the rest of my car? In other words I don't want it to be super obvious that it was an afterthought.
Yes, the Kenwood installs seamlessly. You not only get a great kit that retains the use of your OEM top display, the radio is placed higher in the dash, you get a pocket with flush mounted USB ports to complement the factory Sync USB (if you have Sync) and you get heater/AC controls in the radio, a full gauges package, and a screen with TMPS and check engine diagnostics.

Finally, unlike the competitive solution, you are actually replacing the radio so you will get better connectivity, better sound quality and more options.

You can get everything you need from a local retailer or Crutchfield. You will need:

2013/2014 Kenwood DNX or DNN navigation radio
ADS-MRR interface module
MUS1 - ADS Mustang dash kit and T-harness

That's it!

Cheers,
Old 01-13-2014, 07:17 PM
rvastang
1st Gear Member

What I don't like about the Kenwood setup is that it looks like you lose your physical heat/AC controls and have to use the touch screen. Plus the touch screen looks smaller and is positioned lower than the Raxiom. I guess the USB ports are a plus, but why would I want to use those when I have the one inside the console that keeps all the cords and stuff hidden away? Garmin is a better Nav though.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:27 AM
12V Guy
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by rvastang
What I don't like about the Kenwood setup is that it looks like you lose your physical heat/AC controls and have to use the touch screen. Plus the touch screen looks smaller and is positioned lower than the Raxiom. I guess the USB ports are a plus, but why would I want to use those when I have the one inside the console that keeps all the cords and stuff hidden away? Garmin is a better Nav though.
You have to use the touch screen for most controls, but there are 5 buttons on a quick access bar that can do whatever climate functions you program them to do (two functions per button). Not sure of the size of Raxiom screen, but the Kenwood can be had in 6.1 or 7 inch format. Big difference is that you are upgrading the entire audio system. As such there is a limit as to how high the radio body can be placed. It's a high as we could get it.

Anyway, to each his own.
Old 01-16-2014, 04:26 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Quick Update:

Looks like the Raxiom GPS/NAV units are arriving a little earlier than expected. You guys should be able to pick one up by the very end of this month. The 30th or 31th is when I'm expecting the site to be updated. I'll post back if anything changes.

Hope this helps!

Shane

Quick Reply: Is there anywhere besides American Muscle that I can buy a Raxiom Navigation System?