The Racers Bench Is the track just too much for you? Want to know what will beat what? Talk about it here!!

SS Vs GTO Vs Mach

Old 01-11-2014, 01:42 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Default SS Vs GTO Vs Mach

Running a full exhaust, intake, stalled, tuned LS2 GTO and a full bolt-on/tuned Mach 1 with 4.10s tomorrow afternoon. So far all my SS has are longtubes, SLP intake lid, ORY thru a flowmaster muffler, manual with 3.42s, hurst shifter, ram air mod amd bump-stop mod. Also has some weight reduction, about 100lbs so far. I'll probably pull the passenger seat before I go as well. Only drawback to my car right now is that I wasn't able to get tuned this week, so although I picked up some good gains off the mods so far its not optimized yet. All runs will be 30-45 mph rolls up to 100-120 mph and they are bringing a go-pro so no worries about a vid not being posted. Would love to hear some opinions on these runs. Both the GTO and Mach have barely clipped high 12s and trap 110. They could use the driver mod on the track, but on the street they do well from what I've seen. I've only had my car a few weeks, so I'm still getting used to it, but can handle it ok.

Not sure if this 1st vid will work for you guys..poster is putting it on youtube so as soon as it is uploaded there I will edit..

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

2nd vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3MR...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by Stone629; 01-12-2014 at 05:13 PM.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:06 PM
Explosive

Shouldnt the gto be going better than high 12s? Id think the gto would take your car and the mach would be a fun race with your car probably taking it.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:03 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

I think so, Explosive. IMO, he should be running mid 12s at least. That stall and DRs are good for half a second off the stock ET. He was having traction and tuning issues last time he ran. Think he said it was shifting at 7k rpm, etc. I think the Mach will be right there with both of us.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:43 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

What transmission is in the GTO? You mentioned stalled. I'd have to bet the GTO should win. It's fairly modded and the LS2 made good power to begin with. The mach should e a toss up.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:51 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Goat is a 4 speed auto, 3200 stall I believe. I'm hoping to get a jump on him from the hit, but his top end is strong as hell.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:28 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Should be good races, can't wait to see some vids! I'm gonna guess the Gto edges you out by a car or so IF he stays close on the initial hit. For the Mach I think it'll be a drivers race with the edge slightly going to you.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:04 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
Should be good races, can't wait to see some vids! I'm gonna guess the Gto edges you out by a car or so IF he stays close on the initial hit. For the Mach I think it'll be a drivers race with the edge slightly going to you.
Hope I can get him to slow down to 30 mph so I can get a good 1st gear punch from about 4k RPM. Sounds like thats about the only chance I have of staying out front/keeping pace (if I don't blow the tires off in the process). Can't wait to get a good tune and decent cam in the old girl.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:28 AM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
Hope I can get him to slow down to 30 mph so I can get a good 1st gear punch from about 4k RPM. Sounds like thats about the only chance I have of staying out front/keeping pace (if I don't blow the tires off in the process). Can't wait to get a good tune and decent cam in the old girl.
Psh no way an ls1 would make enough power to blow the tires off . lol. You need to get that thing tuned/geared and on dr's pronto. I think if you did that these races would all have the edge to you.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:39 AM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
Psh no way an ls1 would make enough power to blow the tires off . lol. You need to get that thing tuned/geared and on dr's pronto. I think if you did that these races would all have the edge to you.
Meeting up in about an hour. I think just a tune would more than do it. F-Bodies are generally quicker than both opponents mod for mod, but without the tune its an unknown. But yea, 4.10s would be pretty nice to have today. I'm going to try matching a cam to the 3.42s if I can. Just hate to make the rear any weaker than it already is. Plus I have an extra set of 3.42s if I do break what I have.

Regardless of any of the variables, you know I never lose kidding of course..
Old 01-12-2014, 02:37 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Got the runs done. Very close all around. Hopefully the camera man will get vids up by tonight.

In the meantime, heres how it went down. All 30 mph rolls. First two runs were SS Vs GTO. I honked. SS pulled out immediately, held a half car thru 1st, gained another half in 2nd, nobody pulling in 3rd, missed 4th and got pulled. Second run, same deal...for the life of me I couldn't get 4th to cooperate. Lost both runs against the GTO once 4th gear came around by at least a car. Had I have been able to shift, the SS would've stayed a car ahead most likely.

*edit* vid angle looks more like we were about even for some reason. The rear view shows it a differently. Prob should've aimed the camera towards the rear.

Mach Vs SS. 30 mph roll, I honked. Both cars dead even through 1st and 2nd. I granny shifted 3rd and lost a fender but gained it back, granny shifted 4th and lost a fender but gained it back, ended the run dead even. 2nd run 30 mph, even through 1st, got a little sideways in 2nd but held it, all but missed 3rd and fell way back, couldn't recover and lost by a car.

A tune should set my car apart from both the GTO and Mach. I also have to modify my clutch master cylinder so I can get it to shift at high RPM or I'm going to keep catching hell.

Last edited by Stone629; 01-12-2014 at 05:10 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SS Vs GTO Vs Mach