View Single Post
Old 04-15-2014, 07:12 PM   #1
90nSSMD
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 1990 GT, 1990 Notch
Default Picked up a new notch!

Was down in Seaford DE visiting my uncle (I live 100+ miles away, and I was there doing some awfully rough plumbing work for one of his friends over the weekend), when I came across a deal that I just couldn't get my mind off of. I drove out to look at the car, and the only defect I could find was a minor bend in the rear decklid of the car. Another 24 hours of mindless thinking on whether or not I should have shelled out the money immediately, I couldn't waste anymore time, and 2k later.. This:

1990 LX Notchback Roller

No Engine, No Trans.

Here's the list of what was obtained (most of the suspension stuff is new in boxes and hasn't been installed yet)..

-Weld Wheels (Draglites) with good 275/60/R15 tires, skinnies on front but dry-rotted
-Stock Driveshaft
-Slotted Rotors with new Wheel Bearings and Ball Joints
-Eibach Lowering Springs
-BBK Upper/Lower Control Arms
-Strange Adjustable Front Shocks/Rear Struts
-BBK Sub Frame Connectors
-BBK Caster Camber Plates
-Near fully restored interior (new headliner, new carpet, new door panels, new center console, some billet stuff)
-TWO Corbeau CR1 Leather Racing Seats ($1251 on American Muscle)
-Cervini 4" Cowl
-New GT Front Bumper Cover
-Old LX Front Bumper Cover (needs to be heat treated)
-FULL 306 Engine Assembly (Minus Block) w/Cobra Upper/Lower, Two Cams (one is an E303 I think), GT40 Heads, etc
-Kooks Ceramic Longtubes (need some spot welds)
-Full 44 Series setup (shorty h pipe to tailpipes)
-8.8 with 4.10s

GT Bumper is just there as a mock-up.

Click the image to open in full size.

I used to think Notchbacks were ugly as sin before I saw this one. I'm not sure what swayed me over to falling in love, but it was instant joy when the title was handed to me.

Didn't get any pictures of anything else as I was in too much shock from how beautiful the car was on the trailer . Next time I'm down there (should be making regular weekend trips), I'll try to take as many pictures as I can and keep this thread updated with progress!

Any ideas on what I should do in terms of an engine build? This would be my first ground-up engine build if I decide to take on the task (which I really am eager to try).

I have a current 1990 GT with a Forged Bottom End 306, New Spec Stage 3 Clutch, and Rebuilt WC T-5. Think I should just swap over to the newer (and much straighter/cleaner) chassis while I build something on the side?

Last edited by 90nSSMD; 04-15-2014 at 07:16 PM.
90nSSMD is offline   Reply With Quote