Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice needed on my experience so far.

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 08:51 AM
04stangman
2nd Gear Member

Angry PISSED!!!!Advice needed on my experience so far.

Sup guys….
I’m trying not to get discouraged and I’m looking for a little advice or input to see if I’m just getting a little depressed or the service I’m getting from my dealer is not up to par. Maybe some of your input might help adjust my feelings or the way I’m doing business.
I’m sure some of you have seen a few of my posts recently relating to my new car. Last month I purchased my 2014 Shelby Gt500. I really had to go out on a limb to be able to afford this car, as I’m sure most of us do. But the bottom line, I have had this car for exactly one month, and since the day I got her home… she has never been perfect…and still to this day, she’s not perfect.
When I took her home that first day I thought she was in her most flawless condition until I tried to turn on my air vents and they didn’t work. Imagine that… my $70k car has no A/C or air coming out of the vents because one of the motors doesn’t work. So, a I make an apt a week later for them to look at it and after 12 hours they call me and say they had to order a part and I needed to make another apt to get one of the vent actuators fixed. Another week later the dealer finally gets the part in and I drop her off for the whole day to get the actuator replaced, get the paint seal and leather treatment done along with some window tint.
After I pick her up that day from getting all that done 2 weeks ago…. I’m finally happy… my air works and everything is good… or so I thought. I get the car home and give her the good eye ball looking at every detail…. And what do I see…. One of the stripes on my hood are screwed up. The passenger side stripe is all bubbled up and it has a small rip in it… like someone caught it with the pressure washer, and on top of that there is a scratch on the other side of my hood. I contact my dealer and he says a strip has been ordered and he will let me know when it gets in. then, that same day… I notice some stuff on my center console display, it just looked like something that didn’t get wiped off when the cleaned my dash. So I get a damp terry cloth and I try and wipe it off and whatever it is it won’t come off. It’s like it’s some kind of overspray maybe from when they treated interior, I let my dealer know again and he said he would look into it when I bring it in for the stripe. This was two weeks ago… and I have not heard anything since.
So, here I sit with my 70k investment and my all-time favorite car that’s never been perfect. Here it is the beginning of spring and my pride and joy is not what she is supposed to be.
The more time goes by without hearing my dealer plus knowing I’ll have to drop the car again for the 3rd time for a full day with no loaner is really starting to bother me, especuially since this next visit will be due to my dealers neglecting not to take proper care of my brand new car… almost to the point of wishing I kept my mint 09 Shelby and not even made this purchase.
So please give me some feedback… Am I just making something out of nothing… and I just need to be patient becasue I’m just having a little bad luck and it will all be worth it…. or am I on the right track? Do I have a genuine reason to be a little demoralized and upset? Any and all feedback will be helpful. Thanks peeps.
Update.....
So I took my car in today again for the 4th time. Dropped her off at 8am... got a call back at 530. Service man says the car is done and it's still not perfect. I get there to the dealer and see my car in the bay... One of the guys is spraying a can of stuff on my car and wiping it off... I ask him what he was doing and he tells me he was wiping off my car. The only thing is... he was spraying that crap on my dirty car that had not been washed and rubbing all that crap and dirt into my paint. So right out of the gate I see my car looks like total garbage. Then onto my stripe issue...one of the stripes that was perfect on the lower hood is now all screwed up and the one they messed up is fixed. They said there must have been a defect in the stripe as it was being applied. I asked why in the hell did they take off the good stripe and he said they wanted to replace all the hood stripes just to make sure nothing was wrong with them. So here I sit. After my 4th drop off of an all day affair they still can't get it right. I almost snapped and had a melt down. I tried to keep my cool but they knew I was pissed. But I'm really out of patience. Now I gotta make another appt some time whenever they get my stripes in. Seriously...WTF???????

Name:  20140424_180933_zpsb36cde6b.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  27.5 KB

Name:  20140424_181548_zpscb4d63de.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  25.5 KB

Last edited by 04stangman; 04-24-2014 at 08:19 PM. Reason: update
Old 04-16-2014, 09:11 AM
cedarmn
1st Gear Member

To be honest it sounds like the Ford dealership you are going to has inexperienced people working there. I would try a differnt Ford if you can. I know in my area there are two close and one stands on their head to make me happy where the other can't be bothered.

As for are you over reacting, hell no. 70k is a ton of money to anyone. Don't settle until it is the way you dreamed, hell that is why you bought it in the first place.

Finally I would demand a loaner car. crap even hyndai gives you a loaner. This is Fords mistake so they owe you a loaner

good luck and keep your head up.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:24 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Maybe try detailing yourself. I'd call another dealer or call owner or manager
Old 04-16-2014, 09:36 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

no, it definitely sounds like you have valid concerns....and I'd express them to the managers.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:10 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

I can honestly understand the blower motor thing. It probably wasnt really blown but just a loose connection from shipping. Regardless, not a big deal and they fixed it. But yeah for 70k, I'd be kicking someones *** up around their shoulders. Again, I know Im aggressive right now (just had a friend pass, all the guys at work quit, etc...) so Im not in a good place to be giving advice. Trying to be totally rational about your situation, the way your dealer is treating you is poor in my opinion. If you have access to another dealer, I would contact their GM and see if they can help you. Also, reach out to Deysha here on the forums.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:21 AM
RetiredSFC 97
1st Gear Member

I had something on my gauges and window on the shaker system from some clown using the same solution on the glass portion as the rest of the dash myself. When I tried to clean it, it didn't come off and it actually looks like it's scratched up some.

But no, for 70K you are not over reacting one bit. You may end up having to contact Ford CS to get this resolved.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:55 AM
cedarmn
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by wcgman
I can honestly understand the blower motor thing. It probably wasnt really blown but just a loose connection from shipping. Regardless, not a big deal and they fixed it. But yeah for 70k, I'd be kicking someones *** up around their shoulders. Again, I know Im aggressive right now (just had a friend pass, all the guys at work quit, etc...) so Im not in a good place to be giving advice. Trying to be totally rational about your situation, the way your dealer is treating you is poor in my opinion. If you have access to another dealer, I would contact their GM and see if they can help you. Also, reach out to Deysha here on the forums.
Hey WCGman

Sorry for your loss.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:22 PM
rjstubbl
1st Gear Member

I think the ford dealer sounds incompetent but I'm sure you will be happy with the car once it gets ironed out.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:32 PM
jdback19
4th Gear Member

You need to call a FORD representative directly or talk to the owner/manger of that dealership. Ford takes their brand very seriously...especially for people buying one of their most high end cars. It takes a lot to make me angry but you can bet that heads would be rolling if this was my GT500. $70k+ they better be giving me massages with happy endings.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:39 PM
04stangman
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jdback19
You need to call a FORD representative directly or talk to the owner/manger of that dealership. Ford takes their brand very seriously...especially for people buying one of their most high end cars. It takes a lot to make me angry but you can bet that heads would be rolling if this was my GT500. $70k+ they better be giving me massages with happy endings.
Jdback19...
The more I sit here and stew and read these replies Im starting to feel exactly how you describe. :/ Maybe its time I make my voice heard. Im going to copy the first post with a few changes and send the owner an Email right now...

Quick Reply: Advice needed on my experience so far.