Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

slp line lock install???????

Old 04-25-2014, 03:00 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Default slp line lock install???????

do you remove the stock adapter from the master cylinder? the stock line is screwed into an adapter which is screwed into the master cylinder, but the pictures show the new line screwed directly into the master cylinder.

Last edited by moosestang; 05-08-2014 at 04:17 PM.
Old 04-25-2014, 03:32 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

i found a pick of the 07-09 gt install on american muscle and the did not remove that adapter. i cant imagine the line would have anything to seal against without it,but maybe the master cylinder port is tapered.

http://1.cdn.lib.americanmuscle.com/...09gt500-04.jpg
Old 04-25-2014, 06:00 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Installed it leaving the stock fitting in the master cylinder. After a few extra turns of the wrench, everything appears to be leak free. I hate working on brakes.

I read this was easy, HA! Getting that stock line out is a bitch! If I had it to do over, i'd have just cut that mother. I drained the master cylinder by quickly pulling the line out of the abs block and sticking it in a hose I had running down in front of the motor and still ended up getting brake fluid all over the headers while trying to remove the stock line.

Now, how the F do you drill a hole to mount the damn solenoid?
Old 04-26-2014, 09:01 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

It's looking like double sided emblem tape, unless I want to spend another $38 on a right angle drill from amazon. The thing is held pretty good by just the lines.
Old 04-26-2014, 06:28 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

It works!

pick showing the master cylinder. If you look at the slp instructions, their pic doesn't look like this. They removed that big silver nut.

I just put the switch in a hole for my wideband reset button, which I hid behind the panel.

Old 04-27-2014, 10:09 AM
StantheMan
2nd Gear Member

Good job on the install, I installed the dual line locks using Taco Bills thread, I just tapped into the front brake line in front of the calipers. Looks like tapping into the master cylinder is quite a bit more work. I hooked my switch to a relay which changes the horn circuit to the line locks. Pressing the horn button activates the line locks which makes using them very convenient. The switch usage is used to change between line locks and horn. I would post a pick where I attached the relay to the horn circuit, but I never figured out how to post pics.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:05 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

i initially pieced together my own kit back in 06 using two summit solenoids, but i could never get the passenger side to hold as tight as the driver side and trhe car who kick out hard. I even tried swapping the solenoids. this kit is so much simpler and no chance of one solenoid being stronger than the other. half the wiring and half the brake lines to deal with.

If you don't want to save the stock line, then this is a very easy install, aside from mounting the solenoid. the 07+ slp kits have the solenoid mounted higher up on the shock tower, so easier to mount.
Old 04-28-2014, 06:27 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

well i drove to work and back. Had a slight leak at the master cylinder fitting and the solenoid fitting on the master cylinder side. these are the same two that leaked after the initial test. I gave them another 1/4 turn and will recheck for leaks tomorrow. they better seal!!
Old 04-28-2014, 06:44 PM
ModBargains
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by moosestang
C'mon now, you can do better than that

Old 04-28-2014, 07:04 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ModBargains
C'mon now, you can do better than that

I know. that was a short 1st gear test. I didn't know if the brakes would hold and my driveway isn't that long!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: slp line lock install???????