Other Professional Racing NASCAR, Formula 1, Sprint, Rally & Off Road, SCCA Auto X, Le Mans, Pro Stock, Cart, Drag, IROC, etc.

NASCAR is a bunch of sissy's.

Old 03-01-2012, 01:01 AM
MyGt03
2nd Gear Member

Default NASCAR is a bunch of sissy's.

I see the start of the 2012 NASCAR season at Daytona was rained out. Hmmm, imagine that.

Why don't they throw on a set of wipers, some rain tires, and send them wussies out there. If all drivers had to deal with a wet rainy track, then no one driver would have an advantage or disadvantage. They would all have to deal with the same track conditions.

And don't give me, "the cars handle like crap in the rain" excuse. Or its too dangerous. Formula 1 does it. Hell, even Superbike sends their riders out. Total downpours. And their on two wheels. Real men.

It's boring enough watching 40+ drivers all play follow the leader, driving in circles like clowns in a circus. Throwing in a rained out track might make it a little more exciting. Definitely would take more driver strategy/ability. As for the danger factor? So what. They wouldn't be able to go out and just slam gas pedal to floor and do 200mph. They would actually have to drive their cars.

All racers want perfect race conditions. Real men take the good with the bad. They mount their steed regardless of weather.

IMO, F1 is way better. Yachts in the harbor, not RV's in the infield. Just saying.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:01 PM
Snakebite64
4th Gear Member

^^^No arguments from me. I quit watching NASCAR back in 1988.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:28 PM
kzonts
5th Gear Member

I personally think 95% of the races should be road courses. Formula One is good for the glamour, but the race is usally over after the first lap. My favorite race is Monaco.

I suppose you'd like to see drag racing in the rain too? :-)
Old 03-01-2012, 11:12 PM
Snakebite64
4th Gear Member

not a bad idea ^^^^
Old 03-02-2012, 05:27 AM
SKAR

I would watch drag racing in the rain more than without.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:40 AM
MyGt03
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by kzonts
I personally think 95% of the races should be road courses. Formula One is good for the glamour, but the race is usally over after the first lap. My favorite race is Monaco.

I suppose you'd like to see drag racing in the rain too? :-)
LMAO... You know, that's the one aspect of racing I did not take into consideration when writing the thread. And it's the only one that I can understand being "rained out" due to weather. Although, watching guys try to control 6000 horsepower on a rained out drag strip would be exciting...lol

The only two interesting races on the NASCAR circuit. Sears Point and Watkins Glen. I agree 100%. More road courses would make it more exciting. That and standing starts.

Love Monaco. And yes, once an F1 guy gets out in the lead, it is pretty hard to pass. And if that guy is Vettel, it seems to be a race for second...
Old 03-02-2012, 06:00 AM
MyGt03
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Snakebite64
^^^No arguments from me. I quit watching NASCAR back in 1988.
Yeah, me too. I used to be a die hard NASCAR fan. Back when Dale Earnhardt was in the #3 Wrangler car. Before he was ever "The Intimidator".

I started watching F1 long ago. Can't remember exactly when, but I remember Michael Schumacher taking his first championship. He was my hero. Then I hated him. But now, I find myself once again rooting for him.

I sure wish America could put together an F1 car and team.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:24 PM
buster
4th Gear Member

Daytona 500 in the rain huh. What a novel idea. 200 mph in the rain 6 inches away from the concrete wall. I don't think there are 43 herses in the Daytona area though.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:55 AM
The Stig
4th Gear Member

Old 03-15-2012, 08:22 PM
JayyVee
2nd Gear Member

Part 2

Part 3

Someone lays some American Muscle down in the rain like grown men..

I don't get the rain delays either - then again I've never gotten Nascar racing. I just prefer real driving not fair weather loop driving.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NASCAR is a bunch of sissy's.