AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

Alternators in stock?

Old 05-06-2014, 09:45 AM
Murphdog
3rd Gear Member

Default Alternators in stock?

Looks like my "check charging system" and battery light are starting to show up on my 08 GT and am thinking that I may need to replace my alternator soon. The 2 that I'm looking at are out of stock. When will they be available?

SR Performance Alternator - 150 Amp (05-08 GT)

PA Performance High Output Alternator - 200 Amp (05-08 GT)

Last edited by Murphdog; 05-06-2014 at 09:48 AM.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:04 AM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

We've seen a lot of 05-09 S197's needing alternators lately. Even now that the winter has past and they don't have the to work quite as hard to recharge the battery. I guess it's just that time the factory units start to let go.

Both of these alternators are expected to be back in stock at the end of this month. At the very latest, I'd say the first week of June!

Give me a shout if you need assistance with anything else.

Shane
Old 05-11-2014, 04:21 PM
Murphdog
3rd Gear Member

I will definitely be looking at getting one when they become available. Had my battery and alternator checked. Looks like I have a bad diode and the battery is fine.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:48 AM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Murphdog
I will definitely be looking at getting one when they become available. Had my battery and alternator checked. Looks like I have a bad diode and the battery is fine.
Sounds good! Both of these alternators would be an upgrade over stock anyways. In case you weren't aware, the factory alternators are only 130amp. Personally, I'd go to the SR 150 amp, if you don't have a crazy sound system or anything. It will more than suffice!

Shane
Old 05-13-2014, 01:26 AM
Murphdog
3rd Gear Member

I have a aftermarket headunit but that's all. No amps or speakers. I am leaning towards the SR, just need to wait for payday later this week.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:33 AM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Murphdog
I have a aftermarket headunit but that's all. No amps or speakers. I am leaning towards the SR, just need to wait for payday later this week.
Gotcha. Then the SR 150 amp alternator will be perfect for you! Especially if your Mustang is not daily driven and sits for long periods of time. This alternator should help charge the battery back up rather quickly!

Give me a shout if there's anything else I can assist you with moving forward.

Shane
Old 05-22-2014, 12:03 AM
TinPony
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
We've seen a lot of 05-09 S197's needing alternators lately. Even now that the winter has past and they don't have the to work quite as hard to recharge the battery. I guess it's just that time the factory units start to let go.

Both of these alternators are expected to be back in stock at the end of this month. At the very latest, I'd say the first week of June!

Give me a shout if you need assistance with anything else.

Shane
YES... do you have any guides or "how to's" for the do it yourselfers??
Old 06-19-2014, 11:02 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Haha, add me to the list Shane.
What really gets me is my 07 Focus alternator died Monday, today, Thursday, my Mustang alternator dies. I haven't even had a chance to fix the Focus yet!!!!!!!

Shooting you a PM shane. Id like to order this now
Old 06-24-2014, 12:46 PM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TinPony
YES... do you have any guides or "how to's" for the do it yourselfers??
TinPony- Sorry about the delay but are you referring to an Install Guide?? Let me know and I'll be here to help if possible!

Originally Posted by Stoenr
Haha, add me to the list Shane.
What really gets me is my 07 Focus alternator died Monday, today, Thursday, my Mustang alternator dies. I haven't even had a chance to fix the Focus yet!!!!!!!

Shooting you a PM shane. Id like to order this now
Stoenr Shoot me a PM and I'll get you set up!

Alex
Old 06-24-2014, 12:50 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Well, ended up being the smaller positive cable on the battery that goes to the alternator.
Found this after replaced alternator and scratched my head for hours when that didn't fix.

Nut came loose, my fault, I installed my American Muscle trickle charger eyelet there last fall, and it worked itself loose over the spring/summer .

Kind of glad you didnt reply right away, or I would have been stuck with an alternator I didnt need................YET lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Alternators in stock?