View Single Post
Old 06-21-2014, 04:07 PM   #1
importsmasher
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 1966 Ford Mustang, 2005 Mustang GT Convertible
Default Fuel Lines and Fittings

I am putting an 89 5.0 into the wife's 66 Mustang. I have the factory steel lines (supply and return) on the engine, and the fuel pump I will be using (87 F150, mounts on the frame rather than in the tank) has the factory fittings on it. I have a few questions:

1. I will need to run a new fuel line from the rear of the car up to the front (I plan to use the original fuel line as the return line). How do I adapt this new line (and the return line) to use the factory style fittings, or is there something else I can use?

2 Where can I get these fittings? I will need to connect lines to the fuel pump and to the factory lines on the engine, and I plan to run a stock style fuel filter as well, which will require more of these types of connections. It looks like the original 1989 lines were a flexible plastic?

I am on a very tight budget, and I would prefer to do as much of this as I can myself, rather than buying a ready-made kit (besides, where's the fun in installing a kit when you can make up stuff yourself?). I am just looking for advice on how to connect everything together.

Thanks,
Importsmasher
importsmasher is offline   Reply With Quote