Notices
S197 Handling Section For everything suspension related, inlcuding brakes, tires, and wheels.

What lowering spring/strut should I choose

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 09:03 PM
mwill00

Default What lowering spring/strut should I choose

What brand of lowering springs/struts/shocks should I get? I'm thinking either eubacteria or steedas? Can you give me pros and cons? Also a link would be great to what kit you are talking about. I have a 2012 mustang gt brembo and have about $1000 limit. Thank you.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:43 PM
tw1234
1st Gear Member

Since eubacteria is more likely a disease than a spring I'd choose the Steeda.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:07 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

If the Koni yellows are still on sale - I heard that the sale was extended out into August but don't know for sure - those plus the Steeda springs of your choice should end up still under $1k including shipping. With Koni STR.t's instead of yellows, you'll be under that.

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 07-10-2014 at 07:13 AM.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:49 AM
mwill00

Originally Posted by Norm Peterson
If the Koni yellows are still on sale - I heard that the sale was extended out into August but don't know for sure - those plus the Steeda springs of your choice should end up still under $1k including shipping. With Koni STR.t's instead of yellows, you'll be under that.

Norm
What is the best place to order those from?
Old 07-10-2014, 09:33 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

I got my Konis from Sam Strano (stranoparts). He also carries a variety of Steeda springs.

Norm
Old 07-10-2014, 11:41 AM
redCORTEX
1st Gear Member

I just picked up a pair last week - looks like some dealers are dropping the sale. They were full price on Strano's site and americanmuscle. I found them on tirerack for the sale price and they arrived yesterday - maybe check there.

I went as far as calling AM.com to see if they'd match the tirerack sale price but got a "no". Bummer - I prefer to give them my business.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:46 PM
Mr Nice Guy
1st Gear Member

Just did Koni yellows and Steeda sport springs on my 13 GT and the improvement over stock is amazing. I love this setup. Makes the car ride and handle like an actual sporty car instead of the squishy, bouncy, body rolling, nose diving mess that it is stock. Nice and firm without being at all harsh. Total night and day difference. I bought my springs from Steeda and shocks/struts from tirerack.
Old 07-10-2014, 02:16 PM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by redCORTEX
I just picked up a pair last week - looks like some dealers are dropping the sale. They were full price on Strano's site and americanmuscle. I found them on tirerack for the sale price and they arrived yesterday - maybe check there.

I went as far as calling AM.com to see if they'd match the tirerack sale price but got a "no". Bummer - I prefer to give them my business.
Unless you've got all pop-ups blocked, you should have gotten a pop-up on Sam's site explaining that the sale had been extended. It was there for me when I checked it this morning just to make sure I didn't dream up the extension.

Norm
Old 07-10-2014, 05:39 PM
redCORTEX
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Norm Peterson
Unless you've got all pop-ups blocked, you should have gotten a pop-up on Sam's site explaining that the sale had been extended. It was there for me when I checked it this morning just to make sure I didn't dream up the extension.Norm
That is odd. I did get the window but it simply said something to the effect of "There are currently no specials available". I definitely would have gotten them from Sam if I could have. Worth checking there first in the event it was a fluke on my end.
Old 07-10-2014, 06:48 PM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

He must have changed it during the day. But the listed price for Koni Yellows was $615 when I looked a few minutes ago.

Norm

Quick Reply: What lowering spring/strut should I choose