Notices
S197 Shelby Section This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the latest installment of the Shelby Mustangs; the Shelby GT, the CS6, and the awesome GT500.

AM service quality SUCKS this time!

Old 07-14-2014, 04:17 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

Default AM service quality SUCKS this time!

Purchased many times from AM always happy, but his time no so much! Ordered a replacement filter for my CAI and it was shipped in a PAPER thin box that did not even have any tape on it.
just folded the flaps. Anyway of course it came damaged.
I called and emailed AM and they said they were sorry but no refund and they do not have anymore, but offered me a free t shirt. Can you believe it? A FREE T SHIRT............
I am shocked at the POOR service!
Thought everyone should know to think about ordering from AM before doing so!
Old 07-14-2014, 05:21 PM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2cokeman
Purchased many times from AM always happy, but his time no so much! Ordered a replacement filter for my CAI and it was shipped in a PAPER thin box that did not even have any tape on it.
just folded the flaps. Anyway of course it came damaged.
I called and emailed AM and they said they were sorry but no refund and they do not have anymore, but offered me a free t shirt. Can you believe it? A FREE T SHIRT............
I am shocked at the POOR service!
Thought everyone should know to think about ordering from AM before doing so!
I am shocked. I have bought several times from AM, but will think hard and long before doing so again.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:01 AM
bones302
2nd Gear Member

I bought an electronic gauge from them last month that shipped in the original packaging (they just slapped a label on it. Wasn't even packed in a shipping box to protect it. The box arrived a little damaged and the stuff inside it was loose. I was pissed, but everything was working so I didn't have to call them and tear them a new one.

But I agree, I was very disappointed in their shipping dept.
Old 07-15-2014, 05:11 PM
jz
3rd Gear Member

That's really surprising to hear that they won't refund something that was damaged. Especially when shipped as poorly as your describing. I would try to reach out to them again, see if you can speak to someone else.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:48 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

Try pm'ing the forum representative on here.
Old 07-16-2014, 02:31 PM
johnny_raincloud
2nd Gear Member

That's a bummer!

Im sure that Dan, Shane, or Alex will chime in and do everything in their power to correct the situation!

I have always had stellar service from them.
Old 07-16-2014, 09:20 PM
ThaiCobra
3rd Gear Member

Everyone take note. This should be the last straw for AM. STOP BUYING THEIR PRODUCTS.

The list goes on and on with people here who have had problems with them, myself included.

I bought a tune from them a couple years ago. The tune did not work with my tuner, and I clearly specified what tuner I was using before purchasing the tune. I called and said I would like a different tune that works, and they said they can't make one. So I asked for a refund and they said no, saying "You can't return a piece of pottery to a potter just cause you don't like how it pours". That is what they seriously said to me.

After some bitching and threats they agreed to refund my money.

People, AM sucks. Screw their company. They have been given a lot of chances to get things right and yet they still overcharge, underdeliver, and treat their customers like garbage.

I feel your pain cokeman.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:06 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

Originally Posted by ThaiCobra
Everyone take note. This should be the last straw for AM. STOP BUYING THEIR PRODUCTS.

The list goes on and on with people here who have had problems with them, myself included.

I bought a tune from them a couple years ago. The tune did not work with my tuner, and I clearly specified what tuner I was using before purchasing the tune. I called and said I would like a different tune that works, and they said they can't make one. So I asked for a refund and they said no, saying "You can't return a piece of pottery to a potter just cause you don't like how it pours". That is what they seriously said to me.

After some bitching and threats they agreed to refund my money.

People, AM sucks. Screw their company. They have been given a lot of chances to get things right and yet they still overcharge, underdeliver, and treat their customers like garbage.

I feel your pain cokeman.
Was this over the phone?

It's been a while but I had tried to order some tires from them and called and asked if they would price match, which the dude said "no". Later I pm'd the forum rep and they actually did price match and I placed my order that afternoon.

Its hit or miss but if your conversations were by phone, try PMing the rep on here.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:48 PM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

Wow, AM used to be the Go-To place.
WTH happened?
Old 07-17-2014, 01:39 PM
rls82959
3rd Gear Member

So a few months ago the sliding dust shield on my auto shifter broke.
I purchased the TCI shifter from AM.
It arrived very quickly but i was very surprised by the lack of packaging.
It was in the very thin wall TCI box with 2 pieces of tape on it. That's it.
The TCI box should have been inside another box with some peanuts
or newspaper or some kind of cushioning.
fortunately the shifter was not damaged.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AM service quality SUCKS this time!