AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

Official Contest Post Thread -- Military Hero

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 03:51 PM
mc429c
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Official Contest Post Thread -- Military Hero

Mike C. Spc. US Army 82d Airborne

15R AH-64D Apache maintainer / 12B Combat engineer

Well I dont think I am a hero or amazing(my wife seems to think so and she told me I just have to do this since she hates computers), but I have been in the army since 2002. I was in Iraq for 14 months in 04-05 as a combat engineer with the1st Cav.Since then I have reclassed and now I fix brokenApaches. I am currently in Afganistan with the 82d Airborne. I have the best army wife ever and 3 great kids who love daddys mustangs, my youngest was 3 days old when I deployed to Iraq. I have an 88 LX convertable 5.0 and an 07 GT that I used my reelistment bonus to get. I am including some pictures of myself in Iraq, here in Afganistan, my kids with my stang, me with my 07 when I got home on leave, and my kids and I when I was coming back over here from leave.

Old 10-27-2007, 08:39 PM
Saleen#468
2nd Gear Member

Terry and Tarrah Parvey

I'm nominating myself and my wife. We are both in the Navy stationed in Whidbey Island, WA and have been in for a little over 6 years. We are both First Class Petty Officers (E-6).Both of us have made multiple deployments for missions in Iraq and Afganistan. We havealso been toon deployments allaround the world. We are both mustang fanatics. The first car I bought when I joined the military was a 1967 mustang from my grandpa and i've been hooked ever since. We sold the 67 and had a chance to buy our dream car. It is a 2005 Saleen s-281. We attend all kinds of mustang shows and events in the northwest. I've had the car on the road course and the drag strip during the Mustang Roundup. The picture on the drag strip is actually my wife driving. The highlight of last year's show for me was getting to meet Steve Saleen and getting him to signour car.The car makes 310 rwhp on the dyno and we have an extensive list of future mods (money depending).

Old 10-28-2007, 12:16 PM
MustangLvrsWife

I want to nominate my husband SGT Timothy Kyle Tyler. Kyle and I met when we were both stationed in Korea, we got married and bought the Mustang at an Overseas Military car sales program. Since we've been in the states Kyles hobby and passion has been working on the car, most of the time getting new ideas from Mustang Forums. Back in June 07 Kyle was deployed to Iraq with his unit, unfortunately since hes been gone he missed the birth of our first daughter Lorelai. But hes looking forward to coming home on R&R; he can't wait to meet Lorelai, see the family, and work on the car. Hes been talking about putting a cold air intake in, something about a hood scoop, and a tuner. As you can see by the pictures below there was an accident. On the 26th of October I was cut off by a Dodge Caliber on post. The good news is the shop says that the car can be repaired before he comes home. And thats why I'm entering this contest for him, he is so self-less; hes over there fighting right now and then I had to break the bad news about the car. And even after he saw the pictures he was just glad I was ok. This tuner would really make him smile, and it would be the best birthday present I could get him; he turns 23 on the 29th of October. Thank you for considering him and for giving this opportunity to military members.
SPC Shannon Tyler, US Army

[IMG]local://upfiles/83178/42053F2FC1FB4A7E9332BD2D66798CB1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/83178/1084CB4062784913ABC876C4E2B855C9.jpg[/IMG]
Old 10-28-2007, 12:40 PM
MustangLvrsWife

These pictures are in conjunction with my entry above. It wouldn't let me put these pictures in the first time. Thanks, Shannon.

[IMG]local://upfiles/83178/875C4E91A1414F2F8DD2780FE7A0E9A1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/83178/640B1B300BC048C0B0A577E08246B99E.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/83178/0AB5FA8933CC4FDCA718D7BB3B0D0969.jpg[/IMG]
Old 10-28-2007, 08:23 PM
TorchredOS

Okay well I will just have to nominate myself since my wife feels this is a waste of time. Although She feels this is a very nice picture of myself. This is the only picture I have of myself in full dress although I will say that it was taken while my ship and myself were sitting in Iraqi Waters. We spent 4 months protecting the Oil Platforms off the coast of Iraq. They do sit in Iraqi waters so technically we were in Iraq. I have the medal to prove it. I am not going to say that I deserve to win but it would sure go a long way to moding my 2007 Torchred V6. which is my second mustang. My first a 03 V6 was sold because we were due to transfer to Japan. But 20 days before we were due to leave the orders got canceled. So I really need to get going on this car. Its still stock, and in bad need of some changes.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:46 AM
04BlueGT
5th Gear Member

Heck, why not? My wife, an Army Reserve Soldier, is in Georgia, butshe doesn't have a login, so I have to do this myself!

I'm Army Master Sergeant Singer, currently in Iraq.I've beenserving on active duty for over 20 years and this is my 5th deployment (3rd inIraq). I work with the Iraqi Army daily so thatthey can hopefully take control of the security mission and U.S. forces can depart. As part of our job, we perform combat patrols with the Iraqi Army (IA) several times a week (I stopped counting after 75). Why should I win?I deserve to win this no more than anyone else; we all serve our great nation. Without warriors, there would be no America. Without America, there would be no Mustangs. So, I guess we made Mustangs possible in a round-about fashion. (I'm kidding) Like many, I'm married to a wonderful gal and we have two beautiful children. Sorry, no pics of them on the Internet. In my (rare) free time, I'm also a college student finishing a BA.

The attached photograph was taken 15 August 2007 on FOB Warhorse, where I was previously based.

[IMG]local://upfiles/19116/3F725F0095584DF0837E135513B23564.jpg[/IMG]
Old 10-29-2007, 02:45 PM
AMEmilie
3rd Gear Member

Great job everyone! Just a heads up -- there are a lot more posts here than I have emails. Don't forget to send me the required email! I would hate to have to disqualify anyone
Old 10-30-2007, 12:31 AM
Dutcherman
1st Gear Member

Here are some pics of one of my Heroes... my big sis Teri. She joined the Air Force right after graduating high school and has just completed 20 years of service and still going. Living the military lifestyle isn't an easy one especially when you are the mother of 3 wonderful girls and are sent overseas for 6 months to a year at a time. We've been lucky enough to get her back each time. Her duty stations have included Italy, Korea, Turkey and Iraq, the last three being without her girls. All in all, at 39 years of age, she has put in her service and has achieved the rank of Master Sergeant all the while keeping a great spirit and living her life to the fullest. The red 07 GT seen in the following pics was a suprise for her returning from her last TDY. Prior to the Mustang was her pristine 03 SVT Focus. The GT has been a dream until now and plans for a ProCharger kit are in fruition! This is one girl that can handle the firepower! You go Sis!

Old 10-30-2007, 11:33 AM
SwtPnyChick
Lady Luck

I would like to nominate my friend, buddy, pal and fellow mustang enthusiast M1 Abrams Armored Crew Member Adam Tiffany (Adams_02gt). His courageous career with the United States Army started on this 19th birthday on July 7, 2001 and was shipped out to basic training at Ft Knox Kentucky from January – April of 2002. Shortly after he was stationed at Ft Carson, CO and became part of the 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment. In the midst of this great country’s terroists attacks Adam experience his first tour of duty and was deployed to Iraq from April 03-Feb 04. He defended out country for 11 straight months, no rest, no family, just strictly putting his life on the line to defend our freedom. During this tour Adam’s MOS included loader, driver and gunner of a 72 ton tank that was hit by a land mine which fortunately was an ordeal his survived to share with us. (see picture below, taken 20 minutes after the incident) Adam courage and loyalty to his country has lead me to write this nomination. Not only is he a funny and amazing friend but a hero in my heart as well. I bless all the men in women that are or did serve our country and may the best person win!

[IMG]local://upfiles/25217/63BBE1583048492E9839CA7FDCDCE730.jpg[/IMG]
Old 10-30-2007, 11:49 AM
AMEmilie
3rd Gear Member

A little under 36 hours left, guys! Awesome job so far!

Quick Reply: Official Contest Post Thread -- Military Hero