AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

Mishimoto 14 in. Performance Fan Review

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 12:04 PM
idcoocheimonster
3rd Gear Member

Default Mishimoto 14 in. Performance Fan Review

A couple of months back my stock fan burnt out; considering the Stang is my secondary, I didn't get around to touching it till last week. I read some of the reviews on American Muscle, and was terrified when I clicked the order now button for my Mishimoto fan.

After super quick free shipping, ordered Friday night, arrived today, I got to work.

The fan is a two wire setup, as compared to the 3 wire stocker, meaning the Mishimoto only has one speed. DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT, wire it to the blue/orange wire; this is the high speed for the stock assembly, and will cause you to nearly over heat with the Mishimoto.

The installation was quick and painless; it took me about 40 minutes to complete, following the install guide on American Muscle.

I put everything back in place, and cranked the car on (surprisingly it bit, considering it's been down for two months). I drove around the block a little bit, held the accelerator down, and finally between the R and M on the temp gauge, the fan kicked on. It sounded like a flippin' jet when it kicked on, and air surged through the engine bay. I took notice and saw the gauge fall to about the very center of the "R".

All in all, I'm very happy with the purchase, and at just $77.99 minus our discount from americanmuscle.com, it makes a great alternative to the $150 stock unit; plus it's a cleaner install considering it's half the size.

I recommend this to anyone who needs a stock fan replacement, or just a little more umph in the cooling department.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:38 PM
DreamerGT
5th Gear Member

Good to here, Because I order there dual 12" fans that they sold sometime last year and It didnt even fit. I got my money back, but its good to see that they improved it.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:09 AM
idcoocheimonster
3rd Gear Member

Well the dual 12 in. Are listed for the 5.0 there is no way a 4.6 radiator would be wide enough for dual 12's.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:22 PM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

That's a great review, thank you for taking the time to put that together! Shoot me over your name and address and I'll hook you up with some swag!

Glad that you're happy with the Mishimoto fan, we've got tons of happy customers from selling their products. Would definitely recommend their trans coolers, too!