AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

Cervini's Ram Air Hood

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 04:45 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by delusiondejavu
Actually Erin is my wife She ordered the floor mats for me so that is why you probably think this is her account. My name is Brian nice to meet you.
Nice to meet you too, Brian!

I kind of figured that out in the email, after you replied back with Brian at the end. Boy, did my face lol

Sorry about that, fella!

Originally Posted by JayyVee
Excellent!

Did you get the the normal Cervini ramair hood, or the IV model? (I think I like the IV, it looks a little less taller but hard to tell from just pics)

Any input from AMChris on that?

Input on? Which hood he received?
Old 11-11-2011, 10:06 PM
JayyVee
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMChrisYoung

Input on? Which hood he received?
Which is 'taller' or what are the main differences - the IV seems slightly less tall, but can't tell from pics that well - am I missing something else on the IV from the normal?
Old 11-12-2011, 01:51 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Which is 'taller' or what are the main differences - the IV seems slightly less tall, but can't tell from pics that well - am I missing something else on the IV from the normal?

Oh, sorry for the confusion!

The IV is shorter, yes, and broader(takes up more space across the hood) than the other model.

I personally like the IV more. A little more subtle and cleaner.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:48 PM
JayyVee
2nd Gear Member

Oh, sorry for the confusion!

The IV is shorter, yes, and broader(takes up more space across the hood) than the other model.

I personally like the IV more. A little more subtle and cleaner.
Ahhh thanks Chris for the clarification on the differences of the 2, I appreciate it!

This also requires a washer nozzle replacement - or no? (Expanding my 'wants' list..)
Old 11-14-2011, 04:25 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Ahhh thanks Chris for the clarification on the differences of the 2, I appreciate it!

This also requires a washer nozzle replacement - or no? (Expanding my 'wants' list..)
My pleasure! Glad I could be of assistance!

I am almost 100% positive it does. I would get it, so if you need it you have it and if you don't we can take it back and credit you back 100% of their cost.

If you get them and don't need them, let me know and I can send you a return tag to collect them!

I hope this helps!

Please let me know if I can be of assistance in the future!
Old 11-15-2011, 02:16 AM
delusiondejavu
2nd Gear Member

Angry

My pleasure! Glad I could be of assistance!

I am almost 100% positive it does. I would get it, so if you need it you have it and if you don't we can take it back and credit you back 100% of their cost.

If you get them and don't need them, let me know and I can send you a return tag to collect them!

I hope this helps!

Please let me know if I can be of assistance in the future!
Chris, The shop went to put the hood on today and it had a few spots that had to be shaved to fit properly. I was wondering if this is common or was the hood a defect? It will probably end up costing me a little more on the painting and install now which sucks...
Old 11-15-2011, 01:37 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Chris, The shop went to put the hood on today and it had a few spots that had to be shaved to fit properly. I was wondering if this is common or was the hood a defect? It will probably end up costing me a little more on the painting and install now which sucks...
Hey, Brian!

Unfortunately with fiberglass molds, that can sometimes be the case. Cervini's makes a very good product, however and the modifications required to get it to fit should be minimal if any.

Shoot me a PM or an email with pictures or an estimate detailing how much the modifications are going to cost you.

I apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience and understanding. Let me know!

Have a great afternoon!
Old 11-15-2011, 04:05 PM
delusiondejavu
2nd Gear Member

Hey, Brian!

Unfortunately with fiberglass molds, that can sometimes be the case. Cervini's makes a very good product, however and the modifications required to get it to fit should be minimal if any.

Shoot me a PM or an email with pictures or an estimate detailing how much the modifications are going to cost you.

I apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience and understanding. Let me know!

Have a great afternoon!
Not sure if he took pictures or not but I will let you know. I told them to just do what they have to do. It is a friend that owns the shop so I am sure he is not ripping me off. I will let you know if it is anything major... He still said it is the best hood he has ever worked with.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:48 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Not sure if he took pictures or not but I will let you know. I told them to just do what they have to do. It is a friend that owns the shop so I am sure he is not ripping me off. I will let you know if it is anything major... He still said it is the best hood he has ever worked with.

Okay, cool!

Keep me updated and let me know if he's about to charge you an arm and a leg for it.

Have a great night, Brian!
Old 11-20-2011, 06:37 PM
delusiondejavu
2nd Gear Member

Pics of the hood after all said and done....

Quick Reply: Cervini's Ram Air Hood