AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

New AMR wheels

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 07:04 PM
gizz869

Thanks Chris, sounds good.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:04 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Hey, guys and gals!

I just got out of a meeting with our New Parts Team and unfortunately they don't have any pictures today. However, they did tell me that these are mounted/balanced and sitting in our photo-studio right now. That means it's just about time for them to be thrown on our cars and product images taken.

That should be done in the next week or two and as soon as I get an image from them, I'll be sure to hook you guys up with the first peek of what they look like in chrome.

I hope this helps! Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:06 AM
BoomTown96
2nd Gear Member

I really wish that these came in something closer to a true black. The charcoal I know will look great on my 96 GT as it is right now(deep violet) but I may paint the car something close to a sterling grey or dark shadow grey. My wheel color choice for the current and future state of the vehicle has always been black. I just dont know if the charcoal is quite black enough and how it will contrast with the possible future paint job having all black accents. Tires are bald I need to make a decision quick!

Right now the all black FR500s(cruizin concepts) is my #1 pick but AMRs would be #1 if they came in black. MAYBE if you get enough requests for an all black AMR? I think that may also help compete with the other brand wheels similar to these.

My vote is for a matte or satin black finish AMR
Old 01-27-2012, 12:46 PM
BigRedStang
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by BoomTown96
I really wish that these came in something closer to a true black. The charcoal I know will look great on my 96 GT as it is right now(deep violet) but I may paint the car something close to a sterling grey or dark shadow grey. My wheel color choice for the current and future state of the vehicle has always been black. I just dont know if the charcoal is quite black enough and how it will contrast with the possible future paint job having all black accents. Tires are bald I need to make a decision quick!

Right now the all black FR500s(cruizin concepts) is my #1 pick but AMRs would be #1 if they came in black. MAYBE if you get enough requests for an all black AMR? I think that may also help compete with the other brand wheels similar to these.

These are incredibly close to a matte black. So close i'm picking some up with my tax return. The pictures on page 1 really look fantasic. And they went on a "Blacked out" mustang.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:44 PM
Jason0279
1st Gear Member

I kind of agree with BoomTown, but I was hoping for a gloss black. I figure, when I'm ready to buy, I'll get the Charcoal and if I don't end up loving it, they should be easy to paint!
Old 01-30-2012, 04:26 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BoomTown96

Originally Posted by Jason0279
I kind of agree with BoomTown, but I was hoping for a gloss black. I figure, when I'm ready to buy, I'll get the Charcoal and if I don't end up loving it, they should be easy to paint!
Hey, everybody!

All-black AMRs are a great idea and we've received tons of input about getting some in. I put them on my New Parts Suggestions list in both satin (matte) black and gloss black. That way we can supply both groups of people (the ones going for the flat-black look vs the ones who want them to shine) with the best wheels for their application.

The charcoal is really close to matte-black, but I could see why you'd want a true matte-black. Therefore, I'm gonna do my best to make it happen for you!

Please don't hesitate to PM me directly if you have any other products suggestions in the future. I'd be happy to hear your input!
Old 01-30-2012, 07:01 PM
BigRedStang
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMChrisYoung
Hey, everybody!

All-black AMRs are a great idea and we've received tons of input about getting some in. I put them on my New Parts Suggestions list in both satin (matte) black and gloss black. That way we can supply both groups of people (the ones going for the flat-black look vs the ones who want them to shine) with the best wheels for their application.

The charcoal is really close to matte-black, but I could see why you'd want a true matte-black. Therefore, I'm gonna do my best to make it happen for you!

Please don't hesitate to PM me directly if you have any other products suggestions in the future. I'd be happy to hear your input!
What kind of time frame would we be looking at for you fellas getting those in? Would they be able to work it in for February? I would love a matte black over charcoal, just for the sake of getting it in black. I dont know how long my tax refund can sit in my bank without me spending it!
Old 01-30-2012, 09:43 PM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

Thanks Chris, you guys at AM are doing an awesome job ;0)
Old 01-31-2012, 08:47 AM
Jason0279
1st Gear Member

Chris,
Do you think you will be able to post pics of the machined/black finish on a car? Now I'm leaning toward these. Sorry, can't decide!

Last edited by Jason0279; 01-31-2012 at 12:25 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:59 AM
socalwrench
4th Gear Member

I would like to inquire who the manufacturer of these wheels are.

Quick Reply: New AMR wheels