AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

Fairly new customer to AM...bad product...

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 09:22 PM
MoshpitMad
3rd Gear Member

Default Fairly new customer to AM...bad product...

This was inside my box of GT500 top hats. Granted, it was a Ford Racing product and not American Muscle's, but it's heart breaking to find. The damned things were even wrapped, and there was not a hint of damage to the box itself.

Unfortunately, I made an appt to have these, along with my lowering springs and panhard bar installed tomorrow. After talking with two very friendly, helpful folks over at AM, I will have to wait until Tuesday.

I just wanted to say that I understand that these things happen, and I'm glad that American Muscle did everything they could to try and make it right. Sucks that I couldn't find out in time to get replacements over-nighted.

American Muscle hasn't lost me as a customer, this was my 2nd purchase, and I will surely make more. Just a tip...don't schedule installation(if you aren't doing it yourself) the day after parts arrive.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:13 PM
Lem-06
4th Gear Member

Damn sorry about the luck. My parts so far (small ones) were packed fine and no issue. Hoping the same will come with my wheels Friday.

Scheduling install so close to delivery is always just asking for problems. :P
Good luck with new parts
Old 02-24-2012, 06:30 AM
MoshpitMad
3rd Gear Member

I'm sure you'll be fine. Like I said...I believe it was Ford Racing that wrapped it up damaged, with no fault on AM.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:10 AM
tbomb87
1st Gear Member

I can only speak for the few FRPP orders I have seen delivered from different dealers; but FRPP packages their products like a bunch of idiots. Not sure if anyone else has experienced/seen this.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:08 PM
freyes
2nd Gear Member

I got the FRPP track pack from Ford, purchased through LMR. Everything was packed fine. Those upper strut mounts are the same ones I received, but they were packed in form fitting boxes. From your photo, I don't believe they are damaged, they just came apart. I put my track pack on myself. I'm going to exchange out my struts/shocks and springs next month, and I'll have to take the strut upper mounts apartand use the bottom isolator to install the Koni yellows and steeda sport springs on my 2011 Mustang. The FRPP struts/springs are way too stiff.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:48 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by MoshpitMad
American Muscle hasn't lost me as a customer, this was my 2nd purchase, and I will surely make more. Just a tip...don't schedule installation(if you aren't doing it yourself) the day after parts arrive.
I'm really sorry to hear that your products arrived that way. It's never fun to plan on getting your new mods installed and have it show up damaged. I completely understand why you're upset! Thank you for being so patient and understanding about it.

We take every possible measure to make sure that your product is ready to install when you get it, but things do happen. Let me know how your new product arrives or if you have any other questions in the future. I'd be happy to help. Have a great weekend!

Last edited by AMChrisRose; 03-01-2012 at 02:49 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:18 PM
MoshpitMad
3rd Gear Member

Thanks Chris. I know you guys did everything you could to make it right, and it's noted and appreciated.
Old 02-25-2012, 01:41 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Glad AM is helping you out.. That really sucks though..
Old 02-25-2012, 02:01 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by MoshpitMad
Thanks Chris. I know you guys did everything you could to make it right, and it's noted and appreciated.
You're very welcome. It's our pleasure and we're always happy to help.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if I may be of assistance in the future. Have a great weekend!
Old 02-27-2012, 04:52 PM
MoshpitMad
3rd Gear Member

Can you guys confirm this?

Originally Posted by stang8psi
do some research on 2005-2010 yes GT500 mounts can and should be used... 2011-2012's cant because they will not fit the stock struts! the only way to make them work on a 2011-2012 is to buy 2005-2010 aftermarket struts shocks.. you can do your own homework or get helpful imput as I am giving you and save your money.. Or you can buy a part that you wont be able to use from a company that a Salesman is trying to sell you!
I asked specifically about if I had to upgrade to GT500 top hats when I ordered the Ford Racing K springs for my 2012 and was told over the phone that they were required. Confirm?

Quick Reply: Fairly new customer to AM...bad product...