AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

Ghost cam idle question

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 10:14 AM
chevydillan
1st Gear Member

Default Ghost cam idle question

Can the ghost cam idle be added to any tune, like make the race tune idle that way? If not is this just for idle or does it also offer performance gains as well?
I did try searching but didn't really find what I needed.
Thanks
Old 02-10-2013, 11:31 AM
steel pony
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by chevydillan
Can the ghost cam idle be added to any tune, like make the race tune idle that way? If not is this just for idle or does it also offer performance gains as well?
I did try searching but didn't really find what I needed.
Thanks
It will need to be written as a separate tune...for example:
I have a 93 non-ghost cammed and a 93 ghost cammed tune

Yes, the tune does add a slight bit of HP, nothing crazy...but the lope without the $800 purchase of real cams is priceless
Old 02-11-2013, 10:16 AM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

chevydillan,

The Bama Cam tune is paired with the same parameters as your Bama Race tune, but it's written separately. So, you'll have one Race tune with a smooth idle and another with a rough idle, other than that, they preform exactly the same. The Bama Cam tune does not provide any gains over the standard Race tune, it's purely for ear entertainment.

It does sound wicked though! Plus the heavy idle vibrations gives you more of a seat of the pants feeling, for sure .

Give me a shout if you have more questions!

Shane

Last edited by AMWill; 02-11-2013 at 11:59 AM.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:16 AM
chevydillan
1st Gear Member

So if I ordered the cam tune,which I did last week. When it gets here I will have 2 race tunes? One with cam idle and one with out? I think what I want to know most is that the idle tune is more than just sound, it has performance as well. The same performance that the race tune offers is great.

Last edited by chevydillan; 02-11-2013 at 11:35 AM.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:29 AM
chevydillan
1st Gear Member

I don't know why this is so confusing to me but it is. Sorry
Old 02-11-2013, 12:03 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

That is correct. There is ZERO gains with the Cam tune, it's just for sound. You will have two Race tunes, one with a smooth idle and one with a rough idle. Of course, the rough idle tune will be labeled "Bama Cam" or "Ghost Cam" instead of "Race Tune," so you know what you're uploading.

Hope this clears things up!

Shane
Old 03-20-2013, 12:01 AM
V6pony

Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
That is correct. There is ZERO gains with the Cam tune, it's just for sound. You will have two Race tunes, one with a smooth idle and one with a rough idle. Of course, the rough idle tune will be labeled "Bama Cam" or "Ghost Cam" instead of "Race Tune," so you know what you're uploading.

Hope this clears things up!

Shane
How much would a Ghost cam from Bama cost if I already have the Bama Tuner? And if I install the tune would this mess up anything in the long run as far as engine life goes?
Old 03-28-2013, 12:50 PM
kawasakiguy
2nd Gear Member

Does the cam tune cause the car to run more rich?
Old 03-29-2013, 11:31 AM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by V6pony
How much would a Ghost cam from Bama cost if I already have the Bama Tuner? And if I install the tune would this mess up anything in the long run as far as engine life goes?
If you're already enrolled into our Free Tunes for Life program, there is not extra cost! Also, running the Bama cam tune won't cause any premature engine failure, either!

Shane

Originally Posted by kawasakiguy
Does the cam tune cause the car to run more rich?
The Bama Cam tune does run more rich a idle and very low RPM's. Other than that, it's exactly the same as the Race tune, including Wide Open Throttle!

Shane
Old 04-08-2013, 07:37 PM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
If you're already enrolled into our Free Tunes for Life program, there is not extra cost! Also, running the Bama cam tune won't cause any premature engine failure, either!

Shane

The Bama Cam tune does run more rich a idle and very low RPM's. Other than that, it's exactly the same as the Race tune, including Wide Open Throttle!

Shane
I can verify this, the race tune w/o Ghost cams and tune with ghost cam are about equal to me. The car is just ferocious. Insane and fun as hell to drive. Plus at stop lights it is fun to see people look over and think... "He ain't screwing around!"

Quick Reply: Ghost cam idle question