AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

Chris got a quick ? for ya....

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 06:39 AM
airman6092

Default Chris got a quick ? for ya....

Hey Chris,

First off thanks for all your help on the forums. Now for my question....I have a 2012 Mustang V6, after watching all of the project car videos for the 2011 V6 that you guys did, i seen they put on the BOSS/CS lower front fascia so they could put the Saleen GT grille on the car.

My question is, even though the fascia says its for GT's only, does it fit normally on the V6 or did they have to modify it in any way?

Thanks in advance for your help, really want this question anwsered so i can order them parts.. Just hoping they dont have to be modified, cuz if they do I will have to bring it to a shop, boooo.......LOL
Old 03-28-2012, 01:36 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by airman6092
Hey Chris,

First off thanks for all your help on the forums. Now for my question....I have a 2012 Mustang V6, after watching all of the project car videos for the 2011 V6 that you guys did, i seen they put on the BOSS/CS lower front fascia so they could put the Saleen GT grille on the car.

My question is, even though the fascia says its for GT's only, does it fit normally on the V6 or did they have to modify it in any way?

Thanks in advance for your help, really want this question anwsered so i can order them parts.. Just hoping they dont have to be modified, cuz if they do I will have to bring it to a shop, boooo.......LOL
Thank you for the kind words, Airman! Sorry it took me so long to get to ya.

We actually installed a GT bumper onto the V6 project car before we installed the Boss fascia/Saleen grille. That's pretty much the only way to successfully do it. I'm sure you could modify the fascia or your bumper to work with one another, but we simply used the GT bumper.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions in the future. Have a good one!