AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

New SCT iTSX

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 04:46 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by flashpasta
I was able to get the tunes emailed to me, except for the stock tune. I am using the performance tune now, soon I am gonna go to the street tune and see if that fixes the MPH gauge.
Glad you got the tunes emailed to you quickly. Now to just get this gauge issue figured out. Like I said before, keep me updated, I don't want you left in the dark!

Shane
Old 09-07-2012, 07:32 AM
flashpasta
1st Gear Member

iTSX is giving error code "0xFF" contacted SCT. Car is running fine just cant load any tunes.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:36 AM
flashpasta
1st Gear Member

SCT told me to keep trying or wait for the update they are making for this error. The gauges still work though.

List of gauges:
Raw volts: not sure what that does

Different wide band sensors: LM1, TE2AO, PLX, LC1, AEM, AFM1000, DYNOJET WBC
it seems like they all look the same and do the same thing

EGT: SCT degF and PLX degF

MAP: GM 1BAR, GM 2bar, GM 3bar.
I am assuming for GM vehicles

accelerator position

ETC angle

spark advance

MPH and a custom equation gauge.

Last edited by flashpasta; 09-08-2012 at 09:55 PM.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:54 PM
flashpasta
1st Gear Member

this pic shows air intake temp and RPM on an ipod. I dont have that

Old 11-20-2012, 08:24 PM
flashpasta
1st Gear Member

So after 2 months of not wanting to screw up my car's computer I seen that a new update for TSX had been released just a few days ago. I was unable to return to stock before but to update the dongle the car needs to be stock. Had a chat with SCT and decided to try again. I was pleased to see it worked and updated the dongle and after the update everything communicated fine. Thank god

Using the SCT device updater program Livewire, I was able to extract stock tune file from dongle to hard drive in a .LBU format. Previously I received, separately, my bama tunes via email they are in a .CEF file format. Before & after the update when ever I attempted to load tunes back onto the dongle using livewire the TSX still wont recognize the formats. SCT told me the update should fix that and the irregular speed gauge reading the app gives me. Neither was remedied so I still havent done any performance testing with it. But SCT said via remote connect they could fix whatever problem I am faced with. For the iTSX to succeed I feel the user needs to be able to have control of not only the app but the device as well. Please keep the updates coming!

So Now I have, at least, communication with the car again I loaded my bama street tune. I am pretty sure that I requested a conservative street tune but the power delivery curve was very linear in my opinion. I didnt notice the low rev gains compared to the behavior of the higher rev range. I like it though, the drivetrain is very smooth has a nice street/muscle feel to it with just a/b and intake, sounds great.

For the past 3 months I have been using the bama performace tune, When I requested the tune my words were "show me what you got!" Even when you started the car it would roar to life, loud and angry. I knew that had to be in the tune. We will find out in the morning when its cold and crisp. Both my neighbors told me its their new alarm clock. But they're cool. The perforamce tune is unleashed, off the chain, gains like crazy at 3k up. the last 1K before redline doesnt let up either, shifts like a monster. enthused about the race and hybrid tune now
Old 11-20-2012, 08:30 PM
flashpasta
1st Gear Member

I used this link for my iTSX livewire device updater:

http://www.sctflash.com/software/SCTDeviceUpdater.exe

It will direct you straight to the launch program. At sctflash.com the required updater for iTSX is not super easy to find.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:55 PM
flashpasta
1st Gear Member

The link I provided above is an older version. Don't use that.

The other day I got my email tunes from bama and Bama provided some illustrated instructions for moving the files to the TSX dongle. The SCT device updater pictured looked different from the one I was using so I checked sctflash.com for the current version. Now the TSX updater is easy to find and was also a newer version. With the new version I had to remove and reinstall the exsisting tunes and add the email tunes. Was pretty easy, accept for error code I got trying to load one of the old tunes to the car. The new version also listed a revision to accommodate .CEF files.

Always remember to: RETURN TO STOCK before any updates to your TSX, and save your stock tune files, just in case!

Since the update the app guages were acting funny, some worked some didn't. I was trying different combinations of app open, car off, app closed key off, bla bla bla. Minimal success. I was driving down the road pressing buttons and all of a sudden A huge list of gauge options appeared that weren't there before. All kinds of stuff, speedo, air volume, engine load, RPM, clutch cycle, gear indicator and they all worked great. Then when I changed gauge format I couldnt get the big list again. I ran out of daylight so I will mess with it some more to figure out what I did. I think a future update should include a fix for quick gauge access. Once you save the gauge format, those settings should be locked in so when the gauge button is pressed they open ready to go with out having to go through format options. Such as( ford diesel, ford old, ford new, GM) then choose gauge window...skip all that, straight to saved gauges. Once they are open then you can go back and change the format. Please.

Now that I have loaded a few tunes to the car I feel more confident In the TSX. During the initialization process most of the potential errors are detected before actual data transfers take place minimizing the risk to the car. Maybe forcing user having to update the device.