AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

Disappointed in the AMR charcoals...

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 11:52 AM
hurricaneduc
1st Gear Member

Just ordered the Anthracite (please just call it gun metal) and Nitto staggered package and can't wait! Really good customer service on the phone and was right about changing the lug nuts for that rim for 2012. I live on the west coast so lets see how it all gets handled shipping wise. Next is lowering springs!
Old 07-07-2012, 11:21 PM
darksky1984
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Frustration
And the finish isn't complete and is super thin... The face and spokes are finished Except the scuff mark from shipping) but part way back on the rim it's bright unfinished aluminum... Just not a quality job.
I noticed that the wheels weren't finished all the way too. Even my stock Brembo rims aren't finished all the way through. The back side is painted black. It's weird that some wheels are made like that. But I can't tell that it isn't finished when the wheel is on the car so it's not a huge deal.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:23 PM
Frustration
2nd Gear Member

My issue wasn't so much with the inside of the rim as the out facing side being very thin. it was actually chipping at a couple of points and you could tell that it was a very thin finish. two had color comming off the lips and one had color off of the spokes. All were sent to me mounted and ballanced, so it may well have been their own installation that did it.

Like I said, i things dont always go perfect and it was taken care of properly.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:40 AM
brent_G
2nd Gear Member

Damn i was considering these in the future. Enough to look at the sve drifts instead...
Old 07-13-2012, 08:33 AM
Frustration
2nd Gear Member

The replacement wheels were better for sure... Foreign powder coating consistency is what it is. It's generally good, but a slip up now and again can't be a huge shock. At the price point I'm not disappointed at all in the replacement set. The wheels I saw before ordering we're good and so were the replacements.

A.M. Handled this very well... as well as anyone reasonably could have asked.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:17 AM
Bullitt2786
1st Gear Member

I too am not impressed with the finish on their wheels. I have a set of 17x9/17x10.5 10th Anniversary wheels on my Mach 1 from AM. I had new tires Mounted and ballanced and then noticed that the front wheels were missing paint inside a couple of the spokes. Not thin, but actually missing the paint. Since I didn't thoroughly inspect these before mounting (Checked the lip and edges, but not the finish. Figured since they were new I wouldn't have to) I was screwed. They said they couldn't take back a wheel that had been mounted, but I could purchase another if I would like. I was NOT impressed by their quality or customer service. Working up the nerve to give them another chance on a set of wheels though, still trying to decide.

Last edited by Bullitt2786; 07-17-2012 at 11:20 AM.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:20 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Bullitt2786
I too am not impressed with the finish on their wheels. I have a set of 17x9/17x10.5 10th Anniversary wheels on my Mach 1 from AM. I had new tires Mounted and ballanced and then noticed that the front wheels were missing paint inside a couple of the spokes. Not thin, but actually missing the paint. Since I didn't thoroughly inspect these before mounting (Checked the lip and edges, but not the finish. Figured since they were new I wouldn't have to) I was screwed. They said they couldn't take back a wheel that had been mounted, but I could purchase another if I would like. I was NOT impressed by their quality or customer service. Working up the nerve to give them another chance on a set of wheels though, still trying to decide.
Bullitt2786,

I'm sorry you weren't happy with our wheels. This is a hot seller for us, everyone raves about them! We buy and sell these by the hundreds, with little to no complaints. However, sometimes things happen at the manufacture that can slip through the cracks.

Our AM name goes on these wheels because they're a solid quality and affordable. We don't want to give our customers anything less then what we would use on our own Mustangs!

Shoot me a PM with wheels you were looking at, if you're interested in giving us another chance. I'll set you up with a killer deal!

Shane