AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

Never been so disappointed with AM

Old 06-29-2012, 06:07 PM
2K7SilverStang
1st Gear Member

Thumbs down Never been so disappointed with AM

You know... I've tried to be a good sport about it...
I've sent emails, called, he'll I've even posted on your Facebook about this and you simply delete them as if they never happened... I even sent y'all a pm on here so to try and keep from being one of "those guys"

Not sure if any of you have seen the contests AM put on their site and Facebook and stuff but just so you know.

THEY DON'T PAY OUT

I won a set of raxiom pre painted head lights from you FOREVER ago and I've been trying to contact y'all and get it straightened out but you avoid me now like crazy and I can't believe that since I've spent THOUSANDS on your site between my old 2007 V6, 2006 GT, my fathers 11 gt/cs and now my new 11GT and his 13gtcs. I've gotten every part for our cars from you and have done nothing but say good things about your site. And when I won these lights I was super happy! Chris rose has done all but completely ignore me after he told me to email him and then refuse to get back to me and y'all act like this will break your bank. I had a cart filled out again to add parts to my stang but I've decided to hold off and that maybe another company would actually respond to someone putting forth so much effort. All I wanted was a response and I can't even get that.

So here it is on a public forum for all others to read and care less about.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:49 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

Originally Posted by 2K7SilverStang
I've sent emails, called, he'll I've even posted on your Facebook about this and you simply delete them as if they never happened... I even sent y'all a pm on here so to try and keep from being one of "those guys"

Not sure if any of you have seen the contests AM put on their site and Facebook and stuff but just so you know.

THEY DON'T PAY OUT

I won a set of raxiom pre painted head lights from you FOREVER ago and I've been trying to contact y'all and get it straightened out but you avoid me now like crazy and I can't believe that since I've spent THOUSANDS on your site between my old 2007 V6, 2006 GT, my fathers 11 gt/cs and now my new 11GT and his 13gtcs. I've gotten every part for our cars from you and have done nothing but say good things about your site. And when I won these lights I was super happy! Chris rose has done all but completely ignore me after he told me to email him and then refuse to get back to me and y'all act like this will break your bank. I had a cart filled out again to add parts to my stang but I've decided to hold off and that maybe another company would actually respond to someone putting forth so much effort. All I wanted was a response and I can't even get that.

So here it is on a public forum for all others to read and care less about.
Do you have any details about the contest?
Old 06-29-2012, 07:31 PM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

This is weird as AM has some of the best customer reps Ive ever contacted. I'm sure there is a good explination for all this....

Matthew
Old 06-29-2012, 09:57 PM
DRAGUL
5th Gear Member

I remember that contest. I am surprised, A/M seems like a good company.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:55 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Can't wait to hear AM's response on this one...
Old 06-29-2012, 11:09 PM
Doogie65
4th Gear Member

Have you tried calling and asking for a customer service supervisor? Not surprising about Chris's responsiveness as I just went through some other issues with them and the only way i made progress was with a CS resource. I will shoot you his name tomorrow when I am back on my computer.

And ironically enough, my issues were related to paint quality with those retro headlights.

Last edited by Doogie65; 06-30-2012 at 12:05 PM.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:45 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

When you call customer service, I would ask to talk to Troy. He was very nice and helpfiul when I was having my issues with AM. I'm sure the representatives on here will help you as well. It sucks that it takes you having to post it on here to get any kind of response. :/
Old 06-30-2012, 07:57 PM
2K7SilverStang
1st Gear Member

Yeah the contest was on Facebook and it was one of those like and comment contests and they choose the winner. Well it was announced that I won... Way back in like march and they still haven't responded to getting them to me. I've ordered aprix $1400 from them between now and then and I've gotten those in the mail fine but not my prize. And call them? They just transfer me to Chris Rose voice mail... Who has been all BUT helpful. Apparently him going on vacation for a week means never respond to me for over a month. I was going to purchase a new pre painted good scoop, matte black Shelby stripes and more black out pieces for their show but as I was checking out I realized that I was angrier about this than I thought.
And it would seem AM refuses to respond to a pM sent over a week ago as well so it will be interesting if they even post back on here. They deleted every Facebook post I put on their wall about it when they were simple inquiries.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:53 PM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2K7SilverStang

THEY DON'T PAY OUT

I won a set of raxiom pre painted head lights from you FOREVER ago and I've been trying to contact y'all and get it straightened out but you avoid me now like crazy

So here it is on a public forum for all others to read and care less about
Travis,

We contacted you via Facebook message on January 25th, the same day that you were announced as the winner of the pre-painted headlights, but didn't hear back for ~ 4 months. You happened to try and get ahold of me when I was out at a trade show in early June, which is probably why you were forwarded to voicemail.

Since the contest, you have sold your Redfire 06 and now have a new 5.0L (congrats, btw - you'll love it!). I sent you an email offering you any Raxiom light of equal or lesser value. Hopefully that works for you. Just respond to my email with the link to the light that you're after (I put those instructions in the email) and we'll get them out the door to you.

We wouldn't hold contests and not pay out. That's not a good look for the company! There have been plenty of people who won shirts, stickers, headlights, tail lights, exhausts, gift cards and all sorts of items on our Facebook page and received them very quickly. Regardless, it doesn't matter at this point - if you just shoot me back that email, we'll send them your way.

Chris

Last edited by AMChrisRose; 07-02-2012 at 04:57 PM.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:16 PM
shad2009
5th Gear Member

good to see Chris getting in on things...i sometimes overlook the message aspect of facebook lol...none-the-less, glad to see things getting resolved...it sucks that things like this go public, but as long as things get resolved is all that matters

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Never been so disappointed with AM