Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Vendors & Sponsors > AmericanMuscle.com
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 07-18-2013, 08:01 PM   #11
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostStrykre View Post
ugh, so a '13/'14 style tail light set is being designed for the 05-09 but NOT for the '10-'12?

i don't suppose writing to raxiom would help, would it? i was really holding out for these.
Same. I'm sure Raxiom is well aware of the market's desire for these lights, I'm sure writing wouldn't help. I'm just scoping Ebay looking for a pair for a deal. Anything at or below $700 and I'm jumping on it...above that and my knees get weak!
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

2011 Black on black GT/CS A6
BMR springs, LCA's, panhard, STR.Ts, GT500 AB.
BleedinBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:20 PM   #12
Hamidar05
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2009 Ford Mustang GT

For the '10-'12s.. should they not just be a direct swap between the 13/14 to the 10/12's? They look the same shape to me, get them from FoMoCo, granted they are probably an arm and a leg...

On the 05-09's, let me know when you got them, LED conversion instead of the standard lamps would be great, but don't let it get too pricey.
2009 GT Alloy Ext / Blk Ltr Int - DG Qtr Louvers, Koni STR.T Struts/Shocks, Steeda Boss Springs, GT500 Strut Mounts (notches to the engine), Hurst Billet Pro Plus with Brushed Al T-Handle, Enkei PF01 18x9.5" +35 mm offset, Conti ContiSport 3 275x45x18", JLT S3 w/BBR 91 Oct Tune, AM Raxiom Smoked Coyote Tail lights with LMR sequential turn signal harness, LMR smoked bumper park lights.
Hamidar05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:56 PM   #13
98LaserRedGT
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2001 Cobra Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamidar05 View Post
For the '10-'12s.. should they not just be a direct swap between the 13/14 to the 10/12's? They look the same shape to me, get them from FoMoCo, granted they are probably an arm and a leg...

On the 05-09's, let me know when you got them, LED conversion instead of the standard lamps would be great, but don't let it get too pricey.
I am buying some smoked tails for my 06 but a '13 version sounds awesome! I don't think I am going to hold out for them though... The point about different lamps which I didn't know is going to pretty major.

Stock 98 Red GT with 100k
98LaserRedGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 06:17 AM   #14
GhostStrykre
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ford Mustang V6
_patt3rson_ GhostStrykre GhostStrykre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamidar05 View Post

yeah, you can direct swap those tail lights, but there are some extremely minor differences between the 10/12 rear fascia/bumper and the 13/14 rear fascia/bumper. as a result, a strange gap forms between the bumper and the tail light. very minor, but given the price of the tail lights they should fit perfectly.

which is the other lame point. FoMoCo decided to be a buncha punks with the price and i've seen/heard of prices as bad a $1300 for the pair. not worth it at all.
GhostStrykre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:46 AM   #15
Andrew Christian
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ford Mustang GT
Judge Shinobi

Quote:
yeah, you can direct swap those tail lights, but there are some extremely minor differences between the 10/12 rear fascia/bumper and the 13/14 rear fascia/bumper. as a result, a strange gap forms between the bumper and the tail light. very minor, but given the price of the tail lights they should fit perfectly.

which is the other lame point. FoMoCo decided to be a buncha punks with the price and i've seen/heard of prices as bad a $1300 for the pair. not worth it at all.
Well they've incorporated some pretty nice tech in the tail lights, so you can't fault them for charging for them.

The other point people fail to understand is that Ford doesn't just sell replacement tail lights, they sell the entire assembly. This is inclusive of the housing, wiring, harness and mounting parts. For example, AM just sells the housing to plug into all your existing electrical. Look at Cervinis offering for their LED style tail lights. Those are $600.

It all comes down to, if you want a premium look, you need to pay premium money. It's that simple.
Old 07-20-2013, 03:12 PM   #16
WildHorses67

Vehicle: 2012 GT500

Quote:

i don't suppose writing to raxiom would help, would it? i was really holding out for these.
writing them probably wouldn't do a thing, Raxiom knows the demand of a 2013 Style Tail for the 2010-12 Mustangs

there is probably nothing they can do to speed up the process of that light if that patents are having issues during the approval process
WildHorses67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:51 AM   #17
Andrew Christian
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ford Mustang GT
Judge Shinobi

Kinda waiting on AM to comment on the ad that was sent last week. '13 style coming soon? Already taking pictures and putting them in ads?
Old 07-26-2013, 07:27 AM   #18
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 07 GT500 07 GT vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedinBlue View Post
Same. I'm sure Raxiom is well aware of the market's desire for these lights, I'm sure writing wouldn't help. I'm just scoping Ebay looking for a pair for a deal. Anything at or below $700 and I'm jumping on it...above that and my knees get weak!
Soooo, we can bid 701 j/k. I hope you find a set.

wcgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:49 PM   #19
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

Vehicle: 2003 GT
jake03gt

Quote:

Someone on this forum tried to swap them and the connectors were different.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:49 PM   #20
AMShaneLesky
Platinum Sponsor

Vehicle: 2013 Mustang GT Premium
americanmusclefb americanmuscle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Christian View Post
Kinda waiting on AM to comment on the ad that was sent last week. '13 style coming soon? Already taking pictures and putting them in ads?
Andrew Christian,

Sorry for the false alarm with one of our emails! That was an unfinished prototype that Raxiom was having fun with and wasn't supposed to be released. It got into one of our pictures by mistake. Unfortunately, there's no word on when a 05-09 tail light will be released at the moment.

Apologizes for the false excitement!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.257.1770 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 10AM-4PM EST
GET UP TO $200 TOWARDS YOUR NEXT PURCHASE FROM AM!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMShaneLesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:49 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement