AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

Need New Headlights again...

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 11:32 PM
JFordJr
1st Gear Member

Default Need New Headlights again...

So last year, I bought these headlights from American Muscle:
http://www.americanmuscle.com/sm99hewiclco.html

If you can't click the link, it is item #42000

I have tried to make myself love these lights, which I do, during the day...at night? You can't see ANYTHING. I have 6K HID's which were hella bright when they were in the factory housing. I love the fact that the Dark Smoked Housing has clear corners that the amber light ignites, but God forbid it is/starts to/ has rained and is also night time...you cannot see more than 15 to 20 feet in front of you. The pictures do not really do well for this product.

Aestheticswise, they look AMAZING! Visibilty and Functionality? Terrible.

With all of that being said, does anyone know of any headlights for an 04 stang that have black housing (not smoked) and clear corners? I would love to pick some up. I do not want to waste money all over again. I have always been loyal to American Muscle for all of my performance, and replacement parts, but I do not believe they carry and/or have access to this style.

Thank you, anyone for any help.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:00 AM
steel pony
4th Gear Member

Not sure if it helps any, but you could get OEM quality replacements and do what you want with them.
here's a linky to Cert-Fit. Great company that makes tons of OEM quality replacement parts, the best thing being they come with all the necessary hardware and bulbs!
I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to remove the lens cover and paint whatevere you wanted on the inside or get vinyl overlays.

http://www.certifit.com/p-5927-headl...iver-side.aspx
Old 08-22-2012, 11:32 AM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by JFordJr
So last year, I bought these headlights from American Muscle:
http://www.americanmuscle.com/sm99hewiclco.html

If you can't click the link, it is item #42000

I have tried to make myself love these lights, which I do, during the day...at night? You can't see ANYTHING. I have 6K HID's which were hella bright when they were in the factory housing. I love the fact that the Dark Smoked Housing has clear corners that the amber light ignites, but God forbid it is/starts to/ has rained and is also night time...you cannot see more than 15 to 20 feet in front of you. The pictures do not really do well for this product.

Aestheticswise, they look AMAZING! Visibilty and Functionality? Terrible.

With all of that being said, does anyone know of any headlights for an 04 stang that have black housing (not smoked) and clear corners? I would love to pick some up. I do not want to waste money all over again. I have always been loyal to American Muscle for all of my performance, and replacement parts, but I do not believe they carry and/or have access to this style.

Thank you, anyone for any help.
JFordJr,

I'm sorry you find those headlights too dark. These do happened to be our Dark OE smoked Raxiom headlights, which is the darkest pair we have. There's another pair that's not AS dark, called our smoked OE headlights. These aren't as bad, but any smoked lens will hold back light.

Your best bet is to go with a fresh set of OE headlights, since they have a black housing. I know you're looking for clear corner lights though, which unfortunately we don't have.

If there's anything I can do to help, let me know!

Shane
Old 09-04-2012, 07:02 PM
bronxbomba63
4th Gear Member

JFordJr, I have the smoked headlights (not the really dark ones) with 6K HIDs and they are still bright at night. If you want a nice tint during the day with visibility at night, go with those.